Temple Fork Outfitters

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Lotech Joe
Commodore

Temple Fork Outfitters

Post by Lotech Joe » Sun May 17, 2009 4:06 am

Does anyone have any experience with the TFO Finesse rods? I'm considering a 7' 9"-3 weight. I'm thinking of using it on small brushy streams for brook trout.
Thanks,

http://www.templeforkflyrods.com/rods/finesse.html
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun May 17, 2009 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

RE:Temple Fork Outfitters

Post by Marc Martyn » Sun May 17, 2009 7:15 am

With a lifetime No Fault Warranty, I don't see were you can go wrong. Small stream Brookies aren't that hard on a rod. For the money, it's a good deal.

Rooscooter
Warrant Officer

Post by Rooscooter » Sun May 17, 2009 10:48 am

I have that rod and I love it. I use it on Crab Creek and a few smaller creeks in N. Idaho I fish. I have 4 rods from TFO and 4 from Powell.

I think TFO makes great rods and you can't beat them for the $$.

My other "lightweight" rod is a Powell TiMax 7'6" 3 weight. It has a faster action compared to the TFO Finesse, but has a similar warranty and cost (especially if Sierra Trading Post still has them in stock).

Tight Lines!

napmasterg
Angler

Post by napmasterg » Fri May 22, 2009 8:25 am

I was fishing in Ennis, Montana on the Madison with my TFO Ti-Cro and the local very well-respected guide said all the local guides use TFO rods - great feel, durable and great value from a good company.

my $.02
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri May 22, 2009 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

SmokinAces
Petty Officer

Post by SmokinAces » Fri May 22, 2009 9:51 am

=d> TFO makes some quality ****. Their TiCrX is money! $$$$$:bounce: :compress: :cyclopsan
Pressin' Fish On!

fishing collector
Captain

Post by fishing collector » Sun May 24, 2009 1:18 pm

I am building a 7pc 3wt 8' using St Croix blanks and Batson fixin's ... It's almost done...the hard parts are finished ...Finding the spine was a little time consuming but it came out perfect. When I went up to Sequim to get some stuff from Utmost Fishing, a retail outlet from Batson Enterprises, they checked the spine for me and I got the AOK from them. This shop has got to be the best around. If you ever have a chance to stop by, do so.....Well worth the stop just to see the rods that are made by Bob Batson. Farther up the road in Port Angeles, Waters West ( www.waterswest.com ) is the place to pick up your TFO and your Fly stuff or just call them ( 360 417 0937) and they will send you the flies that are working the best at the time in all areas of the Olympic Penninsula. They stay on top of things.
I am looking forward to using the little 3wt on some artisan streams in Eastern Wa. The little streams are holding a lot of fish in the 6 to 14 in range and this rod should work well. So far it has tested out great. I will post some pics when I get it done. Good luck to all this summer....Steve
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun May 24, 2009 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fly Fishing is the art of attaching a fake bug to a line and relying on the appropriate manipulation of the rod to deceive the fish into eating a sharp steel hook covered with feathers and fur.

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Mon May 25, 2009 10:04 pm

my friend has a TFO 8wt and it is great on chums and silvers
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

Return to “Fly Fishing presented by Northwest Fly Anglers Club”