Manabu Kurita

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
bob johansen
Commander

Manabu Kurita

Post by bob johansen » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:48 am

How many bass anglers have read the latest article on Manabu Kurita in the latest BassMaster magazine? I found it very interesting and a good read. Amazing the cost of bass angling in Japan -- And, an interesting side note of how he recovered his favorite rod from the depths of Lake Biwa. About a month after loosing his rod over the side, he was fishing the same area and saw a huge bass floating dead. (bass was in the double digit class) He saw a line still attached to the fish and pulled the line in until his lost rod and reel appeared. That blond Japanese angler is one very avid big bass fisherman.
A nice bass is too valuable a resource to enjoy catching only once.

Fishing adds years to your life and life to your years - Homer Circle

davidwat1
Sponsor
Sponsor

RE:Manabu Kurita

Post by davidwat1 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:11 am

Bob Johansen wrote:How many bass anglers have read the latest article on Manabu Kurita in the latest BassMaster magazine? I found it very interesting and a good read. Amazing the cost of bass angling in Japan -- And, an interesting side note of how he recovered his favorite rod from the depths of Lake Biwa. About a month after loosing his rod over the side, he was fishing the same area and saw a huge bass floating dead. (bass was in the double digit class) He saw a line still attached to the fish and pulled the line in until his lost rod and reel appeared. That blond Japanese angler is one very avid big bass fisherman.
Hi Bob, I just finished reading that as well, really quite amazing. I was in Tokyo for a business trip two years ago, and went to one of their bass fishing stores over there, and it's crazy how expensive stuff is over there! I did end up buying the Japanese version of the Chronarch while I was there as a souvenir though! :-" We don't realize how good we have it over here when it comes to water access and fishability that's for sure! I have a new appreciation for the fact that we "typically" pay less than $10 to launch here and many places are still free.

Happy New Years!
Dave
http://www.WatkinsBassfishing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sponsor WashingtonLakes.com

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:14 am

Bob , first off happy new year to you and yours bro !!

Yea the japan market is something to keep and eye on these days , if you look at the bass market here in the states you will find that more and more tackle and bait companies are either being purchased or based out of japan . Companys like Tru-tungsten , Luckycraft , megabass ,daiwa and many more are becoming a stronger dominate presence . Without question I do believe that our weak economy is the major reason behind alot of this ! FLW and major boat manufacturers are the hardest hit thus far and yes that has made it that much more harder for pro bass anglers to maintaine a financialy secured career while on tour . Now whats even more interesting is that even though boat manufacturers and rod and reel manufacturers are in critical stage recent reports show that BAITS & TACKLE sales are still stable here in the states ! Continue to support your local tackle guys and pray that we dont ever have to witness FLW CUP & BASSMASTERS CLASSIC championship venue in japan !!!! :-"

This is just a little food for thought ::batman:

BTW , Luckycraft ROCKS!!!! lol

BBD
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

fishnazzi
Warrant Officer

Post by fishnazzi » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:21 pm

Over on www.bloodydecks.com there is a fellow who posts regularly on the bass forum his tag is Capt g he is over in Japan and fishes all the time with the best. Might want to check it out.

Trent Hale
Commander

Post by Trent Hale » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:24 pm

Hi Bob. Yea I read the story and it never said what he caught the world record with. The swim bait or a 10 in blue gill? I would think it was the blue gill. Down in Fl thats the same bait the big girls are caught with. I wounder if a guy was to use live fish here in Wa what would you catch? A new state record ! We will never know. I also liked the way he would bait the areas for big bass.
Are you hung up again!

HAWG HUNTER!

wolverine
Captain

Post by wolverine » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:53 pm

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/r ... _reco.html

Jan 8 Seattle Times story.

Caught on a trolled live bluegill.
Life's short - fish hard!

steve.carn
Petty Officer

Post by steve.carn » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:30 pm

Nice!

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:12 am

Crazy thing about Biwa is that it is said to have schools of 20lb bass cruising around it. Manabu and other big bass anglers that fish the lake say a much larger bass that would smash the current record exists and has been seen. This lake is at the top of it's big fish cycle and these Japanese anglers need to take advantage of it. Very jealous to say the least.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ditch Pickler
Lieutenant

Post by Ditch Pickler » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:05 am

My only enemy is my inner me -Lupe Fiasco

You can take the angler out the Hood,but you can't take the Hood out the angler! -basstradamus

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:34 am

fishnislife wrote:Crazy thing about Biwa is that it is said to have schools of 20lb bass cruising around it. Manabu and other big bass anglers that fish the lake say a much larger bass that would smash the current record exists and has been seen. This lake is at the top of it's big fish cycle and these Japanese anglers need to take advantage of it. Very jealous to say the least.

fishnislife

DUDE I NEW YOU HAD A TWIN OUT THERE , FOUND HIM FOR YA :

http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zerothre ... tage-reels

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:14 am

Basstradamus -- Thanks for posting these videos.:salut:
A nice bass is too valuable a resource to enjoy catching only once.

Fishing adds years to your life and life to your years - Homer Circle