Enough to make a grown man cry!!!

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
fishaholictaz
Admiral

Enough to make a grown man cry!!!

Post by fishaholictaz » Tue May 27, 2008 3:45 pm

I went out to Offut to check things out as far as the spawn and came up to a bed that has been active for a while and sure enough the male was on it :cheers: So I park the little aluminum boat in between a couple branches of this down tree about 20-25 feet away and throw in my bait. After a few attempts I got a reaction and the fish picked up my hula grub by one of the legs and carried it out of the bed#-o So I was a little upset :-" After that was waiting for the male to move back in after a bad pitch spooked him out and I look under my boat and there is BIG MAMA a monster at any standards laying under my boat thinking it is pretty nice. I froze :shaking2: for a minute thinking "what do I do now?" Than I picked up my secret sause soaked the bait and very lightly dropped the hula right in front of the fish and the next thing I know it is FISH ON!!!! She ran from the boat into deep water and I was like cool!!! But as I went to follow her she turned back to the tree :pale: In a matter of moments she was tied up :ncool: So I went over and was try to untangle the line while she is crashing around in the water not 15 feet away. Well she had my line nice and tied up so I cut it at the real and went around to see if I could grab the line from the other side and as I come around the tree I see a white belly thrashing around 5 feet under me so I try to reach down and grab her but my arms are not long enough so I know the only wat to reach her is to put at least my upper body in the water :rambo: So I stpip off my shirt and glasses and lay down on the seat and down I go... About the time I am streching to grab her lip the boat is suddenly not under me any more :thumbdown So as I pull my self in the boat I see my beast of a fish swimming down the bank](*,)

Moral of the story is BRING A NET!!!!](*,) ](*,)
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

bassmasterderek
Commander

RE:Enough to make a grown man cry!!!

Post by bassmasterderek » Tue May 27, 2008 3:49 pm

I wonder if she'll post the report on her catch!:-" :-"

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:52 pm

I think i told you that already about the net when will you learn
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Tue May 27, 2008 6:46 pm

SPARKY101 wrote:I think i told you that already about the net when will you learn
After our trip Sunday I wasn't very sure I would even get a bite I was more scouting:eye:
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Photo bucket

jake campbell
Petty Officer

Post by jake campbell » Tue May 27, 2008 8:40 pm

That Sucks man!!!:-& Youll have to get her next time!!:compress:

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Tue May 27, 2008 9:22 pm

Thats a crazy story. After fishing beds myself 2 days out of the 3 day weekend, I'm surprised the cruising female actually bit. Get her next time like Jake said !
aka Powerworm

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Wed May 28, 2008 7:39 am

Darn it Taz , I talk to a few guys that were out on the lake that day and they all said they assumed that you were spooning for catfish ..lol ..(NOT TRUE) .. Well thats too bad she got away , if nothing else you now know were she likes to hang out so wait for her mouth to heal up in a few days and give it another go you still have time before she goes back out ... good story, you make me want to call in sick for work and go fishing ... :colors: BBD

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

ReelFisher
Petty Officer

Post by ReelFisher » Wed May 28, 2008 5:14 pm

Great story, I couldn't stop laughing while I was reading it. I would have loved to see that!
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.

islandbass
Commander

Post by islandbass » Wed May 28, 2008 11:25 pm

Sorry about that, but that was a great story.:farao:

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Wed May 28, 2008 11:29 pm

I am thinking of getting into outdoor writing and you guys are making me feel good now I want to write more :cheers:

Thank you for your comments :salut:

TAZ
Photo bucket

kutthroatkilla
Commander

Post by kutthroatkilla » Wed May 28, 2008 11:38 pm

ReelFisher wrote:Great story, I couldn't stop laughing while I was reading it. I would have loved to see that!
Ditto, LMAO...I thought both you and the boat were going in, end over end...too good man...lol amazing read
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed May 28, 2008 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get with the Fast Money Bros

CrankAddict
Angler

Post by CrankAddict » Thu May 29, 2008 1:36 am

bigbasstaz wrote:I am thinking of getting into outdoor writing and you guys are making me feel good now I want to write more :cheers:

Thank you for your comments :salut:

TAZ
Hey TAZ great story. You had me laughing also. If you are serious about the outdoor writing bit and you haven't already picked up the author Patrick McManus I highly recommend it. He is an outdoor humorist from the Northwest and writes short stories about fishing, hunting, camping, etc... Great reading for days you can't make it to the lake.