Baitcaster Help

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
The HAWG HUNTER
Warrant Officer

RE:Baitcaster Help

Post by The HAWG HUNTER » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:30 am

David I was'nt slaming I thought it was cool what you said. I still back lash even after all these years. To me it's easyer to get out(birds nest)with braid thats all.

Jerry, I just don't trust the line(mono-Floro)at all for big fish. I'm not knocking mono or any other line but braid, does'nt lose fish most of the time. Thats the reason I switched a few years back it works good for me. It may not work for every one. If money's one the line? Only 2x's did fish break the braid last year,(Long Lk) it was 50lb test, this year it's 65 test and have boated every fish so far knock on wood. Yea Bob told me about power pro also.lol
Last edited by The HAWG HUNTER on Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Dad would say," Boy, some people just can't fish"

basser90
Warrant Officer

RE:Baitcaster Help

Post by basser90 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:03 pm

For the begining baitcaster, through my experience with my kids the lighter mono worked pretty good. It's certainly a different story for you and I. I might be superstitious but I don't like power pro for my reaction baits. Sure you will catch fish with it all day. I've seen it, but I worry about the quality bites I might be missing because of it? Same with jigs, for my own confidence I have to have a mono or flouro leader.