Riffe Lake?

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
SilverLakeBoy
Petty Officer

Riffe Lake?

Post by SilverLakeBoy » Mon May 19, 2008 7:00 pm

Hey guys,

well i have a up and coming tournament on this lake and i have never fished the lake before. just wondering what the deal is on the lake? any tips, info, anything will help.

thanks, Casey
Flippn 'N' Pitchn is always the solution

"Never Give Up!" Mike Iaconelli

Caseysbaits.com Cutting Edge Custom Baits

lori
Petty Officer

RE:Riffe Lake?

Post by lori » Mon May 19, 2008 7:05 pm

I have fished this lake and got in to some smb's at the mouth of the real small coves but no lbm's if that helps
"There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot." - Stephen Wright

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles

The better part of one’s life consists of his friendships. Author: Abraham Lincoln

-----------* >*)((((((><

Lori and the Suicide Duck II

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Mon May 19, 2008 7:20 pm

SilverLakeBoy wrote:Hey guys,

well i have a up and coming tournament on this lake and i have never fished the lake before. just wondering what the deal is on the lake? any tips, info, anything will help.

thanks, Casey
Hey Casey

Don't take this info as FACT but last reports I've heard(as of last week) Is this lake is shut down due to work on the dam. Word was the water level is so low that it is unsafe to launch. I hope someone who has seen or heard more recently can help.
I would have been down there several times by now.

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Mon May 19, 2008 7:44 pm

"The water level is still running at 5,000- 5,070, excellent water conditions for fishing, but what if they don't get enough water in the big lake at Riffe. I know it's doubled now, triple of what's coming in, but it's not melting fast enough. When are they going to get the lake full-- who knows? They are going to try to get the lake full, but that means they have to lower the Cowlitz down to almost nothing. Are they going to be in violation, who knows? They have to get the river way down to get the lake way up, so it's a balance."

Riffe Lake (11,830 acres):

On Monday, May. 12, Riffe Lake was at 708 feet elevation, seven feet higher than the week before, now 70 feet below full level of 778 feet. This low water condition has exposed a lot of bank usually underwater and, with an article written in the local paper, many people are visiting the lake. A reminder - it is unlawful to artifact hunt on the Cowlitz Wildlife Area and, furthermore, a permit is required to remove any resources natural or cultural.

Boat Launches: No boat launches are now useable. The Mossyrock Park, Kosmos, Taidnapam Park and the new Taidnapam North launches are not usable. However the parking lot at Taidnapam North is open.

Riffe is open for fishing year-round.
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Tue May 20, 2008 10:23 am

The tournament is 6/21-6/22. Hopefully the level comes up enough in the next month. :rambo:
"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"

SilverLakeBoy
Petty Officer

Post by SilverLakeBoy » Wed May 21, 2008 5:22 pm

yeah i hope it comes up. but if not we will all be fishing deep more than likely and some shallow here and there. but it should be fun and hopefully both days produce fish!

thanks, Casey
Flippn 'N' Pitchn is always the solution

"Never Give Up!" Mike Iaconelli

Caseysbaits.com Cutting Edge Custom Baits

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Wed May 21, 2008 5:32 pm

SilverLakeBoy wrote:yeah i hope it comes up. but if not we will all be fishing deep more than likely and some shallow here and there. but it should be fun and hopefully both days produce fish!

thanks, Casey
Good luck,...this lake is awesome!!!:cheers:

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Wed May 21, 2008 6:10 pm

Casey-
Check out the Riffe thread over on the club forum. It's looking like it'll be filled.... but quite muddy.
"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Thu May 22, 2008 3:58 pm

Riffe Lake (11,830 acres):

On Monday, May. 19, Riffe Lake was at 730 feet elevation, twenty two feet higher than the week before, now 48 feet below full level of 778 feet. A reminder - it is unlawful to artifact hunt on the Cowlitz Wildlife Area and, furthermore, a permit is required to remove any resources natural or cultural.

Boat Launches: now useable. The Mossyrock Park, Kosmos and the new Taidnapam North launches are usable. The regular Taidnapam boat launch is not usable.

Riffe is open for fishing year-round.

Lake Scanewa- During the week

Here ya go guys:cheers:
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/