B A S S Lunker Club

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Roc
Petty Officer

RE:B A S S Lunker Club

Post by Roc » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:19 pm

It was a fish of a lifetime for sure. I know everyone exaggerates with weight if you dont have a scale, but that thing was massive, we were both shaking. Ive held my fair share in the 4 and 5 pound class and I really think this thing was over six. I think if its a trophy page, it shouldn't be date specific, unless its trophys of the year. my .02cents.

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:14 am

Roc wrote:It was a fish of a lifetime for sure. I know everyone exaggerates with weight if you dont have a scale, but that thing was massive, we were both shaking. Ive held my fair share in the 4 and 5 pound class and I really think this thing was over six. I think if its a trophy page, it shouldn't be date specific, unless its trophys of the year. my .02cents.
You have a point. I've never caught a 6lb smallie, but if I did, I'd probably want to post it as well. Well, need some help guys.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

skeeter bassin
Lieutenant

Post by skeeter bassin » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:33 am

I say 5lb SM or 6lb LM and current year only. Page is bound to get overun if it doesn't get limited.
When you think you know it all, its time to quit. Knowledge should be gained on every trip.

koryrasmussen55
Petty Officer

Post by koryrasmussen55 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:00 pm

this sounds like a great idea! maybe there should be some sort of "Lunker of the Month" award for the biggest bass caught in that month.

Fishaholic
Angler

Post by Fishaholic » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:21 am

this may seem like a really dumb question. But I caught a a huge smallmouth last summer and would like to put it up in this forum. However I do not know how to add pics to my report. Can someone tell me how? I would greatly appreciate it.

Fishaholic
Angler

Post by Fishaholic » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:24 am

Ok nevermind I figured it out. Really not that hard I feel dumb know o well. Well here is a pic of the lunker, I didnt have a scale but I would estimate over six pounds! It is easily the biggest smallmouth I have ever seen in person. Well if ya decide to put bass from multiple years in I would appreciate the add of this beast. Hopefully I can catch some more like this when I get home from college this summer.
Attachments
big_bass_at_tapps.jpg
big_bass_at_tapps.jpg (15.78 KiB) Viewed 2294 times

Roc
Petty Officer

Post by Roc » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:24 am

Not trying to rain on your parade but i'd guess low 4's. Great fish though. I like the idea of fish of the month. There should be one for cold water species as well. Big browns on the fly is another obsession
of mine :cyclops: Cant wait for the bass though, think about them every sunny day!!

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:25 pm

4lb smallmouth, 6lb largemouth to get the board active but without making it too simple. I am on the side of current year only because it keeps the lake reporting fresh.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danielt
Commander

Post by danielt » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:46 pm

I still say 5# smallie 6# large mouth and current year only.

4 pounds is a big smallmouth but its like a 5# largemouth...see them a lot!

Since this is just for bragging rights and nothing more its like skeeterbassin said. We want to see BIG fish not pretty good ones.

T Dot
Commander

Post by T Dot » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:49 pm

skeeter bassin wrote:I say 5lb SM or 6lb LM and current year only. Page is bound to get overun if it doesn't get limited.
danielt wrote:I still say 5# smallie 6# large mouth and current year only.

4 pounds is a big smallmouth but its like a 5# largemouth...see them a lot!

Since this is just for bragging rights and nothing more its like skeeterbassin said. We want to see BIG fish not pretty good ones.
i see a simple solution to this.

:king:

have a single thread to post up pictures in general, please dont have multiple threads. if you do have multiple threads, maybe have them on a month by month basis. have an additional thread for thropies only, and do not post thropies in the monthly thread. if the post doesnt belong in either thread, have a moderator delete right away. users should know that if by chance their post was deleted, it was due to the fact it did not belong in that thread.
.: Half Man Half Amazing :.

WTB:
- SHIMANO Curado 201 HDSV
- SHIMANO Curado 301 DSV

danielt
Commander

Post by danielt » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:55 pm

I think the point is to to have only one thread for BIG fish. If you have anything other than that just keep it in the reports page.

skeeter bassin
Lieutenant

Post by skeeter bassin » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:16 pm

A simple solution shouldn't take an entire paragraph to explain.

5lb smallie / 6lb largie, current year only, and lets get this started.

Spawn is coming and those fish are gonna get caught.
When you think you know it all, its time to quit. Knowledge should be gained on every trip.

T Dot
Commander

Post by T Dot » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:32 pm

double post
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WTB:
- SHIMANO Curado 301 DSV

T Dot
Commander

Post by T Dot » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:34 pm

danielt wrote:I think the point is to to have only one thread for BIG fish. If you have anything other than that just keep it in the reports page.
i understand your thoughts, but regardless if its in a report or not, people will want to post pictures. especially as this forum grows.

it was just a possible solution to sort out the small fish and the thropy fish.

if that is the case, why not have a trophy report, or something that indicates that this report contains a trophy fish.

i for one look for pictures, as they speak a thousand words. to be honest i prefer them, as they tell you a better story. to me a story is not valid unless i see proof, and in most cases a picture does just that.

WTB:
- SHIMANO Curado 301 DSV

T Dot
Commander

Post by T Dot » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:41 pm

skeeter bassin wrote:A simple solution shouldn't take an entire paragraph to explain.

5lb smallie / 6lb largie, current year only, and lets get this started.

Spawn is coming and those fish are gonna get caught.
still a simple solution, i just explained it in detail. its either 2 threads, or 13 threads.

to further increase forum growth and to obstain from excluding others, a thread must be included to other fish being caught regardless of size. this will allow others to post pictures as well. i understand reports should be made, but not everyone knows who to complete a report, heck some people dont even know how to post pictures. to be fair and equal, the others must have a spot to put their pictures as well.

ultimately, everyone is after a trophy, but not everyone catches a fish of a lifetime.

that being said, it should be a win win for everyone.

WTB:
- SHIMANO Curado 301 DSV

danielt
Commander

Post by danielt » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:45 pm

*****OK forget everything posted above this******

Here is the bottom line. If you catch a big bass this year 5+ smallie 6+ largemouth then post it with a picture on this link here

http://washingtonlakes.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=2590

Should be cool to see some big fish!

jake campbell
Petty Officer

Post by jake campbell » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:20 pm

Heres my best for last year 6 1/2 almost 7 pounds.
Attachments
biggun.jpg
biggun.jpg (468.38 KiB) Viewed 2212 times