Lake Wiser and Floattubing

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
AaronE
Commander

Lake Wiser and Floattubing

Post by AaronE » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:41 pm

Thinking about heading up to Wiser this weekend but I'm a tuber. Is the lake so overgrown already that it would be impossible to navigate in a tube with fins? From the photos I've seen it looks pretty choked out with weeds.

AaronE
Commander

Re: Lake Wiser and Floattubing

Post by AaronE » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:09 pm

In case anyone was wondering Wiser is maneuverable in a tube but not easily LOL

AaronW
Warrant Officer

Post by AaronW » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:22 am

Hah, how'd it go?

rl206
Commander

Post by rl206 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:44 pm

AaronE wrote:In case anyone was wondering Wiser is maneuverable in a tube but not easily LOL
No way I could do it, I graduated out or my tube for small lakes, into a boat. I always felt like things in there were out to get me. I kicked a log in Kapowsin kicking around one time and it freaked me out so bad I haven't gotten into a tube since. I get too worked up lol, don't know why.

AaronE
Commander

Post by AaronE » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:19 pm

Kaposwin is a creepy lake no matter what you're floating in haha I was in Kaposwin one morning just as the sun was coming up and right in front of me there was this sudden mass of bubbles breaking the surface, like you'd see in a cheap horror movie, and then this massive log just popped out of the water and sank right back down. I knew it was a log, knew it floated to the top from trapped gas where logs are rotting on the bottom, but it still about scared the poop out of me LOL And when you're the only person on the water it makes it that much wilder.