FishCreekSpinners slay trout

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

FishCreekSpinners slay trout

Post by Toni » Thu May 13, 2010 9:35 pm

Salmonslayer117 and I hit Clear Lake again. Report later but Salmonslayer117 needs to change his name to TROUTslayer5-13-10. He got his FishCreekSpinners in the mail and they provided him so many trout he lost count. I lost count. It was a lot. It was a lot of fun.

FishCreekSpinners did it again.

This trout is one of the first that I could get a picture of. Fish don't like to hold still or stick around for a photo shoot.
Most fish were released.
Attachments
5-13-10_resize.jpg
5-13-10_resize.jpg (96.23 KiB) Viewed 2636 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu May 13, 2010 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Malottguy
Petty Officer

RE:FishCreekSpinners slay trout

Post by Malottguy » Thu May 13, 2010 10:37 pm

Nice. My daughter cannot wait to go use hers she won from the kids contest on here. Makes me envious.

salmonslayer117
Commander

Post by salmonslayer117 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:04 pm

Toni wrote:Salmonslayer117 and I hit Clear Lake again. Report later but Salmonslayer117 needs to change his name to TROUTslayer5-13-10. He got his FishCreekSpinners in the mail and they provided him so many trout he lost count. I lost count. It was a lot. It was a lot of fun.

This trout is one of the first that I could get a picture of. Fish don't like to hold still or stick around for a photo shoot.
Most fish were released.

Super awesome day! Nice weather, good company, and the fishin' was off the charts! I've gotta say, I've had alot of really good spinners in my time but I've never had one that was that successful on a consistent basis. I can't wait for my son to try 'em out at the derby this weekend! I gotta say, if the fish are gettin' smarter, then my friend you've got 'em hornswaggled with these bad boys! Thanks!
When times get tough, just keep on fishin'!!!

islandbass
Commander

Post by islandbass » Fri May 14, 2010 12:16 am

Well done both of you! I'm gonna rib you guys by saying, "What!? You didn't invite the rest of us?" :cheers:

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Fri May 14, 2010 5:10 am

I agree that when the conditions are right FCS get the job done!
I was using a smaller armadillo 1/10 oz. with the fcs across the blade and I had a 20+ inch brown slam it in this little run of the river. As I set the hook he went airborne (IT WAS AWESOME!). He must have got the line wrapped around his teeth because the line snapped as I tried to turn him back down stream#-o I was shocked it was the first cast with that spinner:-"
I was to busy thinking of the cool picture I was going to take with the spinner and one of the gorgeous browns...
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri May 14, 2010 5:41 am

nice testimonials! :thumleft: They are without a doubt the nicest looking spinners I've ever seen.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

reigndawgs
Commander

Post by reigndawgs » Fri May 14, 2010 10:09 am

You sold me. I just PM'd fishcreekspinners to order.

reigndawgs
Commander

Post by reigndawgs » Fri May 14, 2010 10:10 am

salmonslayer117 wrote:
Toni wrote:Salmonslayer117 and I hit Clear Lake again. Report later but Salmonslayer117 needs to change his name to TROUTslayer5-13-10. He got his FishCreekSpinners in the mail and they provided him so many trout he lost count. I lost count. It was a lot. It was a lot of fun.

Most fish were released.

Super awesome day! Nice weather, good company, and the fishin' was off the charts! I've gotta say, I've had alot of really good spinners in my time but I've never had one that was that successful on a consistent basis. I can't wait for my son to try 'em out at the derby this weekend! I gotta say, if the fish are gettin' smarter, then my friend you've got 'em hornswaggled with these bad boys! Thanks!
Which spinner(s) were you using and how were you fishing them?

returnofthefish
Captain

Post by returnofthefish » Fri May 14, 2010 11:13 am

I have caught trout with armadillos by FCS . I have used all kinds of colors including orange, red, green, blue and black. Most of the trout that I have caught were from the shore or docks. I think coastfishin trolls with them at Duck Lake and caught big trout. Check the old reports. I caught a 6 pounder on a red and orange armadillo. Check my secret lake report.
Catch and Release Wild Trout
Catch and Release Wild Women

Coastfishin
Commander

Post by Coastfishin » Fri May 14, 2010 5:20 pm

Yep, I troll with an 1/8th ounce Armidillio, oarnge and red beads and a gold swing blade. and yes, I do catch a few fish. I have found that I need to pick up the trolling speed a little bit for the best results. I have used all of the colors he has and all of them have caught fish.

P.S., I have caught a few Crappie and Perch on them too
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri May 14, 2010 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

salmonslayer117
Commander

Post by salmonslayer117 » Fri May 14, 2010 8:16 pm

These were the ones I was using. The 1/8 oz armadillo orange/red on the right was the killer that day. I'll be orderin' more!! These things are awesome!
Attachments
Fishcreek_spinners.jpg
Fishcreek_spinners.jpg (10.9 KiB) Viewed 2545 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri May 14, 2010 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishcreekspinners
Lieutenant

Post by fishcreekspinners » Sat May 15, 2010 10:47 am

All of you are very kind.

I appreciate that you've shared your success with FCS and the testimonials!. Some sharing WL.com PM's and emails, and especially those sending pictures of awesome catches and fish photos for the Fish Photo promo.

BTW, I have thousands more Armadillos just waiting for a chance to get wet! They send their envious congratulations to your lucky spinners too!

Heres a new ultralite 1/12oz copper head assortment I just put on the website for you to consider. This assortment will catch trout, crappie, perch, sunfish, etc.

Copperhead Ultralite Assortment

Seven spinners for $16 if you use your WL.com member discount $20 - $4 = $16, so use it!

Buy the assortment and a few of the 1/8oz Armadillos or something you find to get you to the $25 free shipping cliplevel and your order ships free (otherwise $3 shipping will show up under $25)

Try some FCS and get fun stuff your mailbox (quickly headed for your tacklebox) in about 3-4 days.

Members have asked, so I'd recommend a couple each of these. If you're uncertain what to pick out, these would catch fish and make you happy. There's a special spinner for almost everyone lurking somewhere in the web store!

F102 Selection Grid

F118 Selection Grid

The links below each picture go to the selection grids for each of the spinners. As an FYI, once in the webstore, if you navigate from the left margin, you'll normally see a stack of selection grids.

Each of them has about 16 different colors behind it. If you click on the picture or its hyperlink you go to the detail page.

Once on the detail pages, you can click on any of the smaller pictures to get them to show up in the larger one (you may have to expand the browser window). But be aware, the dropdown combo boxes dont follow suit, so if you find one you like, you'll have to remember its Fnnn or color combination to find it in the dropdowns.

There's also a Hook Choice dropdown where you can choose trebles or split ring attached single hooks. That dropdown defaults to trebles. If you have barbless hooks or premium hooks you want to swap, pick the splitring version. My components wont let me use the cool slip-on setup that Toni uses.

Thanks again to those members providing the vote of confidence and testimonials!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat May 15, 2010 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Sat May 15, 2010 12:27 pm

Ive not had the chance to try the ones we got yet. Ive still been fishing rivers for steelies and springers. Ill post what happens when I finally get a chance to use em. One ? though. Im noticing alot of people use swivels above the spinner. Ive never done this with spinners I always tie them directly to the main line. Do you get more bites with or without the swivels. Ive always done well without them but if its better with then Ill definately try it out. Thanks FCS for the free spinners. Will be posting more pics of my kids catches soon.
More fish please!

Coastfishin
Commander

Post by Coastfishin » Sat May 15, 2010 12:34 pm

flinginpooh wrote:Ive not had the chance to try the ones we got yet. Ive still been fishing rivers for steelies and springers. Ill post what happens when I finally get a chance to use em. One ? though. Im noticing alot of people use swivels above the spinner. Ive never done this with spinners I always tie them directly to the main line. Do you get more bites with or without the swivels. Ive always done well without them but if its better with then Ill definately try it out. Thanks FCS for the free spinners. Will be posting more pics of my kids catches soon.
I use a good quality ball bearing swivel to cut down on line twist and it makes changing spinners faster

fishcreekspinners
Lieutenant

Post by fishcreekspinners » Sat May 15, 2010 2:30 pm

I mostly stream and river fish and use a cheap swivel for changeouts. My son (younger - better eyes) just cinch knotss them on without the swivel.

When in the boat trolling long runs, the high quality swivels coastfishn referenced are the way to go. I've considered buying quantity from Worths, but they run about a quarter to fifty cents each and it isn't a priority purchase.

If trolling a single hook AngleIron, I would use a swivel.

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Sat May 15, 2010 4:33 pm

fishcreekspinners wrote:I mostly stream and river fish and use a cheap swivel for changeouts. My son (younger - better eyes) just cinch knotss them on without the swivel.
My eyes are fine but I still prefer running my hardware on a snap swivel for easy and quick changes on the river! :salut:
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

salmonslayer117
Commander

Post by salmonslayer117 » Sun May 16, 2010 5:17 pm

Yup, I've found a swivel always helps out with quick change and reduces line twist.

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Sun May 16, 2010 8:02 pm

Ok so the only reason is quick change and line twist. I use braid anyhow no memory issues so line twisting is not a problem. And I can tie my nots pretty quick so not a real issue there either. I mean 6lb braid is like having 2lb test on your reel or less even. Its actually very invisi underwater helps with skittish fish even.
More fish please!

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Sun May 16, 2010 8:17 pm

Honestly, I only really like to run braid if I am fishing deep or trolling or both. Mono is the way to go for casting a lot. Line twists and speed are a huge consideration especially when river fishing. It is not uncommon to change lures very frequently when fishing and it just makes sense to run a snap swivel rather than worrying about tying knots ESPECIALLY when it is windy, rainy, foggy, dark, or all of the above!
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

leadfoot067
Petty Officer

Post by leadfoot067 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:28 am

my assortment came in the mail today! cant wait to try them out....will report after i use some of them..