Early Success?

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
raffensg64
Commander

Early Success?

Post by raffensg64 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:24 am

How's everyone done so far this year? My success this spring has been pretty good. I've only fished lakes thus far, Medical and Amber. While Amber has a higher density (IMO), fishes more consistently, and gives up more fish, Medical's fish take any and all size awards. We have landed several 22-24" rainbows and have had two that nearly touched 25". It's also given up several 19-20" browns, which are much fatter and healthier than in past years, along with an occasional tiger. My best day on Medical was 8 fish with a daily average of about 3, on Amber it was 20 with an average of about 10. Water temps are still down, in fact I got my first 45 reading just yesterday, and hatches have been light.

My partners and I are trying to put together some trips to distant lakes like Omak and McDowell. It's been tough considering work schedules and the fact my wife is deployed again. I'll be wearing the "Mr. Mom" hat for a couple more months yet!

Return to “Fly Fishing presented by Northwest Fly Anglers Club”