Eastern Washington, Kettle Falls area steams and rivers???

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Livin4Fishin
Petty Officer

Eastern Washington, Kettle Falls area steams and rivers???

Post by Livin4Fishin » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:12 pm

I will be heading over the the in-laws property next month near kettle falls. I am looking for some nice streams and rivers to do some fly fishing. Anyone have any spots they might point me too. Name of river and directions to access it would be great. I plan on fishing for shore and would like to go for trout. Brown, Rainbow or ?? makes no difference. Thanks all!!
Have a son and you'll have a fishin partner for life.

Anglinarcher
Admiral

RE:Eastern Washington, Kettle Falls area steams and rivers???

Post by Anglinarcher » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:35 am

Livin4Fishin wrote:I will be heading over the the in-laws property next month near kettle falls. I am looking for some nice streams and rivers to do some fly fishing. Anyone have any spots they might point me too. Name of river and directions to access it would be great. I plan on fishing for shore and would like to go for trout. Brown, Rainbow or ?? makes no difference. Thanks all!!
Is it too late to help? I have not been following the site much lately so I did not catch your question.

Tough area for rivers and streams, but the Kettle river up near Orient is pretty good at times. Watch the special regulations.

The San Poil is not too far away, on the Res, but it too has some good fly fishing. Again, watch the special regs and Res permit.
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

SAPIplate
Warrant Officer

Post by SAPIplate » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:28 pm

Yeah, the Kettle is a good stream. Has some pretty nice sized browns to. Streamers and big foam dries seem to be the ticket.
Release Wild Steelhead
Pink Salmon Fan
Salmo trutta

Livin4Fishin
Petty Officer

Post by Livin4Fishin » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:18 pm

No guys, Its not too late. I leave for kettle falls area this Thursday and will be up there until next wednesday. Thanks for the info guys. I will research the regs tonight. Look for some posts If I hook a few nice browns. I will try and get some pics if I have any success. Good luck all!
Have a son and you'll have a fishin partner for life.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:16 pm

Take some pictures even if you don't have any success. Pictures of the river can be added to the River Index. Send them to Mike.

Be sure to post a report :)

Return to “Fly Fishing presented by Northwest Fly Anglers Club”