Idaho Lakes

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Rooscooter
Warrant Officer

Idaho Lakes

Post by Rooscooter » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:53 pm

For the last week I have been fishing near Mc Call Idaho on some of the lakes and reservoirs in Valley County. When trying to make reports on these lakes I found that the WLDC site doesn't have lakes listed and there are several lakes listed that don't exist.

I fished Corral Creek Reservoir, Lost Valley Reservoir, Horse thief Reservoir, Deadwood Reservoir and the Payette River. I found two references for "Lost" under Valley County Idaho, but no "Lost Valley". The other lakes are not listed. These are well known lakes/reservoirs and are on most maps.

Anyway, the fishing was great. I met a childhood friend and we stayed in Mc Call for 4 days and hit a number of the area fisheries. The recession has kept the multitudes that frequent that are down to a manageable number and the pressure of years past isn't there this year. The Valley between Mc Call and Cascade is at about 4,800' above sea level and most of the good lakes are in the foot hills around this valley.

Tight Lines!

fish4brains
Warrant Officer

RE:Idaho Lakes

Post by fish4brains » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:37 pm

Cool report, thanks. Glad you had a great time!

Anglinarcher
Admiral

RE:Idaho Lakes

Post by Anglinarcher » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:11 am

Contact Mike Cary or Aaron and they can add these Idaho Lakes to the reports list. Idaho was not as through as Washington in compiling their lake list, and even though I practally grew up there, there are still lakes that I know by tow names - the official and the local name.

Oh well, good report.
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

Return to “Fly Fishing presented by Northwest Fly Anglers Club”