Long Lake/Lake Spokane

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
spokanebassman
Petty Officer

Long Lake/Lake Spokane

Post by spokanebassman » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:52 pm

Had a blast yesterday catching SMB on Long Lake (See report). But in the two years I have been fishing it I am not able to consistenly catch Largemouths! I see tons of pics of big LMB but cant find them. Would love some help!

EB

Gisteppo
Commodore

RE:Long Lake/Lake Spokane

Post by Gisteppo » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:00 pm

Its all about timing and patience. There is no secret to the fish, you just have to work really hard to catch them. Ive seen 3 separate boats throw 15+ casts at my dock, all working to pluck a single largie out that was sitting there the whole time.

Patience and perseverance will produce results.

Stick with the known patterns, you will get some success.

E

platinumroof
Warrant Officer

RE:Long Lake/Lake Spokane

Post by platinumroof » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:04 pm

Gisteppo wrote:Its all about timing and patience. There is no secret to the fish, you just have to work really hard to catch them. Ive seen 3 separate boats throw 15+ casts at my dock, all working to pluck a single largie out that was sitting there the whole time.

Patience and perseverance will produce results.

Stick with the known patterns, you will get some success.

E
Those are some big waves. Is that Lk Washington?