bass in lake chelan???

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Rizzla
Petty Officer

bass in lake chelan???

Post by Rizzla » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:29 pm

So i'm going to lake chelan in a month with my friends. one of them is moving and he wants to go camping there before he leaves. thing is i know that chelan isn't the greatest fishery for anything other than lake trout or trout species in general. i know theres burbot and all but that all requires a boat. i want to know if anyone here has caught bass from chelan or anything else besides burbot and trout from chelan. i really dislike the taste of trout and as much as i want to try for burbot i would like something more for sure. is the bass action ok at chelan?

gpc
Admiral

RE:bass in lake chelan???

Post by gpc » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:29 pm

Depending on which part of the lake you plan on visiting, there are two lakes right next to lake chelan that hold some pretty nice bass. There are right out side the town of Manson. The lakes are Wapato and Roses. If you don't have a boat I would recommend these two lakes. There is a lot less water to cover and both lakes have all right bank access. Wapato doesn't have much bank access but it has enough to keep you busy for an hour or two and roses has a good amount of bank access. There are some other lakes back up in the Lake Antilon trails you might want to check out as well. Lake antilon I know for sure has some nice bluegill and a lot of brown trout, they arnt the bass your looking for but both the species put up a nice fight. Also back further up the antilon trail is some smaller ponds scattered about. I don't know what they are called or whats in them but its a nice place for a little peace and quiet. And if your looking for a place to camp they have free lake side camping on these lakes. Im not sure about the bass in chelan, I know theres some in there but I havnt heard too much about them. My buddy was just visiting chelan and he said they are doing pretty well on lake trout right now, but you really need to have a boat for that

jmay
Lieutenant

Post by jmay » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:43 pm

I have not personaly fished Chelan for bass, however I have some friends the work for the PUD and they tell me Lake Chelan offers good smallmouth action in the warmer waters at the south end of the lake. Its a huge lake so there is no shortageof rocky slopes and gravel beaches bass to patrol. There is also a BASS club based out of Chelan. I don't think there would be a club if there wsa no fish.

WCCT
Lieutenant

Post by WCCT » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:22 pm

LAKE CHELAN DOES NOT HAVE ANY BASS IN IT:^o No seriously, this lake is one of the best smallmouth lakes in the state. It has some HUGE fish. I am talking smallmouth up to 8-9lbs in it. My personal best out of there is a little over 5lbs, but I know some bass club guys that have whacked fish up to 6+lbs. I like to dropshot small finesse worms or gobies in browns and watermelon colors. Topwater in the early morning can be awesome. This lake is probably one of the clearest lakes in the state too. You will see a rockpile in what you think is 10-15' of water, when in fact it is in 30'. Keep an eye on your depthfinder if fishing by boat. If you fish anywhere from Wapato Point, down to Chelan, on either side, you will hit fish. Good luck.
PowerTeam Lures Pro Staff
[http://www.powerteamlures.com/?Click=2818]

danielt
Commander

Post by danielt » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:30 pm

FLW federation qualifier is on chelan this weekend!! yeehaw!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:44 pm

on my list for bass - someday. Thanks DJ for the reminder!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Swandazi
Petty Officer

Post by Swandazi » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:39 am

i've caught a 5 pounder out of lake chelan on a red marabou jig. Their mainly smallies

skimpy
Commander

Post by skimpy » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:37 pm

I'm going to lake chelan in a couple weeks. I'm going to have to check out the bass fishing there. See if I can catch a few.
Attachments
large_mouth_bass.gif
large_mouth_bass.gif (123.43 KiB) Viewed 1937 times
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/thatguyskimpy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;