Riffe Lake Help

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
stevoblue
Petty Officer

Riffe Lake Help

Post by stevoblue » Sat May 30, 2009 9:26 am

I headed over to Riffe Lake for the first time the other day. I never realized how Deep and large it was. Ive never fished in 200 feet of freshwater before. A little overwhelming. I am going to head back soon. There is a post on the board with some tips but they were PM'd. I also want to try out my downriggers. What do the silvers bite on there? How Deep are they hiding? Any help would be appreciated. I usually go in the middle of the week so its hard to see what others are doing..

Thanks

fishaholictaz
Admiral

RE:Riffe Lake Help

Post by fishaholictaz » Sat May 30, 2009 10:07 am

For silvers on Riffe I would put out a green wedding ring with silver blades and maybe run that behind some kind of a flasher. As far as how deep I would let your finder tell you that by marking depths of fish I would start at 25' and just see where they are at. On calmer water days when the lake isn't getting tore up just above the dam can be very productive fishing reasonably shallow . I would re-tie all my hooks on the wedding rings and put on a size 4 or 6 bait holder depending on the size of the wedding ring. If you use the double whammies leave them as they are... (And don't forget to add a night crawler tail:-" )

Good luck and tight lines,
TAZ
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket