Where are the best shorline fishing spots in Spokane?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
tjara03
Petty Officer

Where are the best shorline fishing spots in Spokane?

Post by tjara03 » Wed May 06, 2009 8:53 am

I am very excited about my first fishing trip of the year! The wife and I are planning on going out this weekend...

Whats everyones favorite places to go fish from the shore? I would like to find a nice place to go thats easily accessible, quiet, and confortable.. I will be fishing while the wife reads. Too much to ask for? I hope not, lol.

I like to fish for trout, bass, whatever.

Anyways, I could use some suggestions and directions if possible.

Thanks everyone!! Happy fishing!!

Kfedka
Commander

RE:Where are the best shorline fishing spots in Spokane?

Post by Kfedka » Wed May 06, 2009 1:30 pm

Trout shore fishing - West medical lake(very smelly fish), Clear lake, Williams lake, Sprague Lake, Rock Lake.

Bass shore fishing - Banks Lake, Columbia River - Fish at Hawk Creek which requires a hike.

T-Bone
Petty Officer

Post by T-Bone » Wed May 06, 2009 3:08 pm

West Medical Lake - The water is quit clean this time of year; so no smelly fish. Just please P/U your trash as well some that you will indeed find from the "SLOBS".

Fish Lake near Cheney.

If you don't mind paying a small fee...

Sprague Lake @ Sprague Lake Resort - Nice facility with a fishing pier, dock and shoreline ($5.00 a person); 18"+ football shaped rainbows.

Willams Lake @ Klnk's Resort - Nice resort with a nice, large dock and the possibily for not only a limit, some BIG fish, too.

tjara03
Petty Officer

Post by tjara03 » Wed May 06, 2009 3:28 pm

Thanks for the info guys! I was planning on checking out Fish lake this weekend because its not too far from where I live. I will try the others as well! Thanks!

Landlocked
Petty Officer

Post by Landlocked » Wed May 20, 2009 11:46 pm

What about Newman lake for bank fishing? Is bank fishing a possibility there? I tried out West Medical Lake today and had a blast, but I want to try out a few other spots this weekend, too. (I'm in Spokane just visiting) Williams lake is on my list. Sprague, maybe, the reports recently posted didn't look too encouraging.

T-Bone
Petty Officer

Post by T-Bone » Fri May 22, 2009 1:25 pm

Landlocked wrote:What about Newman lake for bank fishing? Is bank fishing a possibility there? I tried out West Medical Lake today and had a blast, but I want to try out a few other spots this weekend, too. (I'm in Spokane just visiting) Williams lake is on my list. Sprague, maybe, the reports recently posted didn't look too encouraging.
No real bank fishing at Williams Lake; the Public Fishing Area is in a duck marsh. However, as mentioned, both the resorts offer nice dock fishing.

I've never fished Newman Lake, but I believe it is mainly a "boat show".

Jsmooth
Petty Officer

Post by Jsmooth » Sat May 23, 2009 11:53 pm

I recently found a great streatch on Newman that is able to be fished from the bank!! Follow road past public launch and follow to end of lake to a T in the road. Turn left and up about 1/2 mile is a chunk of property that was purchased by the state or somthin (a sign tells the story) and is open for hiking, biking, and picknicks and such. Fishing is also allowed from the banks on this property which puts you back in the pads which is prime for Bass :cheers: Good luck and have fun but I would take my side arm if I were you. :-k #-o See, there is this sign you will see attached to the main board that reads "WARNING COUGAR HAS BEEN SIGHTED IN THE AREA, ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK" :-" Me personally, I'll stick w/ my boat. Good luck :thumright
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat May 23, 2009 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.