Silver Lake (Pierce County) Website

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
anakpinoy4
Petty Officer

Silver Lake (Pierce County) Website

Post by anakpinoy4 » Wed May 06, 2009 8:07 am

I was there this past Monday, but caught the big GOOSE EGG. Was talking with the new manager and he mentioned something about a website. Anyone know it?

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

RE:Silver Lake (Pierce County) Website

Post by Toni » Wed May 06, 2009 9:53 pm

I can't find it any more but it was Silver Lake Executive Resort. I heard the Henly family is in charge of it again.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Wed May 06, 2009 10:58 pm

Yep,the previous owners are back. I stopped up here days prior to the Trout Opener,they were
doing a ton of cleanup..painting,yard and a bunch of other stuff. Havn't been back but certainly worth
a 2nd look. http://www.henleyssilverlakeresort.zoomshare.com/

anakpinoy4
Petty Officer

Post by anakpinoy4 » Thu May 07, 2009 10:09 am

Thanks T and K. They are trying to get some money to update the place (new roofs for the cabins and dock mods). You can tell they've done some work as the bathrooms have been updated with fresh paint, new toilets, and an automatic paper towel dispenser.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Thu May 07, 2009 10:13 pm

Good to hear,I'll have to get up here soon. Anyone know if they are still catching brown trout? I thought I heard they were still there but not getting stocked anymore.

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Fri May 08, 2009 6:54 am

Just trying to read the prices on their website. $5 to park/launch. So if I am bring my float tube out there I will pay $5 to launch and another $5 to launch my sons float tube? Any ideas?
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

anakpinoy4
Petty Officer

Post by anakpinoy4 » Fri May 08, 2009 6:58 am

kevinb wrote:Good to hear,I'll have to get up here soon. Anyone know if they are still catching brown trout? I thought I heard they were still there but not getting stocked anymore.
Actually yeah they are catching browns. The day before I was there Mr. Hensley mentioned that someone caught a 4lb brown with a worm pumped with air just a few inches off the bottom. I gave that a try with no success though. The holdover browns seems to be getting pretty big.

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Fri May 08, 2009 7:48 am

:cheers:

BB
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri May 08, 2009 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Fri May 08, 2009 7:48 am

Been a while but in 2005 I caught some "Big-Browns" doing just that Pinoy,..weightless worm-inflated and tossed it in and let it slow sink with my bail open,..the Browns in there are sneeky,..if they feel any tension on the line they'll spit it,..so just keep your bail open and let the worm sink weightless,..soon a s you see your line move,..count 1-2-3 and set the hook,..worked wonders! Nice 2 know the Henley's have the Resort again!

BB
Attachments
Silver_Lake_Brown_Trout.jpg
Silver_Lake_Brown_Trout.jpg (5.07 KiB) Viewed 2220 times
"Passion-4-Bassin"

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Fri May 08, 2009 2:19 pm

Thanks for the information. I'll get up here as soon as possible but that probably won't be for a
couple weeks,just to much stuff on the schedule#-o

tommytitan08
Lieutenant

Post by tommytitan08 » Sat May 09, 2009 3:40 am

I haven't been there for about a year last time i checked if i'm correct wasn't the dock gated off and the launch gated off as well?
" It is far better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6 "

anakpinoy4
Petty Officer

Post by anakpinoy4 » Sat May 09, 2009 7:47 am

tommytitan08 wrote:I haven't been there for about a year last time i checked if i'm correct wasn't the dock gated off and the launch gated off as well?
Quite the opposite T. You should go out there and give it a shot. The weather is suppose to be nice. $5 to park and $5/person to fish off the dock.

Anyfish
Petty Officer

Post by Anyfish » Sun May 10, 2009 5:40 am

My son and I hit the lake yesterday and launched our boat for $5. They were pretty busy with several boats, float tubes and people fishing off the dock. nobody I spoke to had any luck though. Water temp was 59 with ZERO visiblilty.
84 Bass Tracker 17' V
72 EV Lark 50

anakpinoy4
Petty Officer

Post by anakpinoy4 » Mon May 11, 2009 9:31 am

Bisk1tSnGraV wrote:Just trying to read the prices on their website. $5 to park/launch. So if I am bring my float tube out there I will pay $5 to launch and another $5 to launch my sons float tube? Any ideas?
I emailed the resort and here's what they had to say:
"We have a one time launch fee of $5.00 - this fee applies to all types fishing - from a boats, poontoons, rafts - etc. You sign up at the shack when you arrive and get a ticket - Thank you, Henley's Resort"

When I go it's $15 (2 people + parking)