Fish Species

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Fishin_Freak
Angler

Fish Species

Post by Fishin_Freak » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:11 pm

Hi Guys,

Its been a while since I was on here last and I decided its time to go fishing job or no job (no job lost it a month ago). I was trying to find a list of inshore types in the area. I know the majority prefer salmon, halibut and lingcod, but are there other species out there for sport? I'm talking shallow water here no trolling, where I can cast to shore like I do for largemouth bass in the various lakes. Depth wise is 60 feet or less, is there a website I can go to without spending 5 bucks from the DFW to view these fish so I would know them on sight?

blufin loui
Lieutenant

RE:Fish Species

Post by blufin loui » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:27 pm

Hi ya Fishin_Freak
Here is some web-sites you can browse for pics and info.
Not sure what you can use, but maybe these will help some
Hope ya the best in all your endeavours
Lewis

long but a good read.
http://wdfw.wa.gov/fish/warmwater/warmwater_2005.pdf

starting on page 40 of the regs pamplet is some pics. here is the web addie:
http://wdfw.wa.gov/fish/regs/2008/2008sportregs.pdf

Hope this gives you a start.

Bro-Rando
Petty Officer

Post by Bro-Rando » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:13 pm

Casting hardware off local beaches can get you some sea run cutts and resident silvers. The cutts have to go back if you catch them in the salt though.
Certainty is for those who have learned and believed only one truth...

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:53 pm

Smaller Blackies as well:cheers: kill many when I am bored on the beach after a day in a tub!!!:eye: Incoming off a drop a float and fresh herring and fish on!!! THis one right off Possesion just south of the bait shop!!!:cheers:
Attachments
beackkingers.jpg
beackkingers.jpg (89.23 KiB) Viewed 1251 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clam man
Warrant Officer

Post by clam man » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:00 am

Swede,

when was that caught? Is the bait shop open right now?

thanks for the advice on sea-tac. I made it back without getting mugged!
Clam Man

"____________"

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:37 pm

Yes its always open and the area is in the post above#-o :-$

I just around the corner this year having a snack and resting on the beach= many times we BBQ right on the beach with a portable unit after pounding in the tub we were just south of Possesson head on a incoming tide let the herring just free float and mend a bit and cast out as it slides over and in many times you will get smacked and that was a baby = Toby who works for the fish boys has a place right on the beach and he is 20 something years young:colors: and hooks up to 100 coho, kings and more beach casting with herring on good years/releasing most and another 100 or so out of his tub fishing and tracking and marking for the fish club boys and I hope he makes the cuts a very good Rod and Kid!:cheers:

I creamed the Coho right off the beach pitching herring into rising groups in the shallows this year right in the incoming off Apple Tree Point:-$ :-# :cheers: and many hit the BBQ I am always hungry!!:chef: :cyclopsan
Attachments
23.5cohoshipwreck.jpg
23.5cohoshipwreck.jpg (52.33 KiB) Viewed 1160 times
Fish_and_fun!__LOL-77.jpg
Fish_and_fun!__LOL-77.jpg (81.9 KiB) Viewed 1164 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.