Free Fly tying class

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Free Fly tying class

Post by Toni » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:29 pm

Free fly tying class. I believe all supplies are provided. Only room for less than 13 people 'cause I signed up and someone else. It is Jan 10th and I think the time is 9-11:30am at the Pierce County Library in Buckley. Call and find out 360-829-0300. Address is 123 S. River Ave. in that big city of Buckley.:cheers:

EDIT They changed the date to Jan. 17th
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

RE:Free Fly tying class

Post by Marc Martyn » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:35 pm

Wow! Good deal. You should have a good time.

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:39 pm

If you are new to fly fishing or fly tying, it can be hard to find good information. The following link is where I learned how to tie flies. It's a great tutorial starting with beginning fly tying and going to advanced fly tying. It was presented by a guy named Al Campbell, whom I had the privilege to meet before he left us, and it will guide you through all the tools, techniques & supplies you will most likely need. It's where I learned how to tie, and I hardily recommend it to anyone interested in the craft. I miss Al a great deal. This is not a "Hands On" teaching method, but it is quite complete as a remote way of teaching. Give it a try. I'm sure will like it.

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/flytying/beginners/
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:34 pm

Thank you for the link. I will need help remembering afterwards.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Return to “Fly Fishing presented by Northwest Fly Anglers Club”