crappie in tanawax

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
troutmasterj
Angler

crappie in tanawax

Post by troutmasterj » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:17 pm

could anyone help me out I have never fished for crappie but would like to try. I dont know anything about crappie fishing so any advice would help. what time do you fish? what do you use? where are the fish at?

Fisherman_max
Commander

RE:crappie in tanawax

Post by Fisherman_max » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:24 pm

usually jig and bobber set-ups are the way to go with all crappie. my favorite jigs are leland lures "trout magnet" or the larger version the "crappie magnet" both work exellent.
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

serving Washingtons greatest fishing website since 12/14/07

sending videos soon.

muskyhunter
Captain

Post by muskyhunter » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:33 pm

Tanwax crappies...good especially on cloudy days. Lilly pads, or a few feet off docks that have some weeds.use any kind of crappie jig you can find. Tipp it with a maggot or piece of worm. The bottled Berkley/ Gulp fake maggots are pretty good too. Red or Yellow are pretty good. I've caught big trout while trying to catch crappies out there so use like, 6-8 # line. You can fish at night off of the Rainbow resort dock. I think its 3 bucks? Its been awhile since I've been out there. New owners too. You can bobber fish it works. I just throw only the jig and bounce it up and down on the retrieve. Seems to work for me. Remember though there is a 9 inch limit out there. And I think you can only keep 10. good luck..
Todd Reis
Prostaff Auburn Sports & Marine
Musky Team
www.auburnsportsmarineinc.com
Fish Country Sporting Goods

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:59 pm

I have found using the smallest gold floating rapala works best for crappie..they absolutely go nuts for them..
and I have also caught a bunch using waxworms, size 10 hook, no weight w/bobber about 3 ft deep...good luck!
"One more......."

JT26
Commander

Post by JT26 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:07 pm

What i've learned about crappie in western wa this year is that chartreuse jigs are the best to use, and trolling them is the best method. I've tried everything, and only caught a few until i did what i just sadi. I only fish two lakes for crappie though, and they are both shallow and stained. I think if you're fishing a shallow lake, you dont have to worry about fishing near pads or docks, especially in the early morning when there everywhere, even open water.
Im not sure how Tanwax is, but if its shallow and muddy, i would start off trolling.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

topdawg47
Warrant Officer

Post by topdawg47 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:33 pm

Just find them and you are in business. From there throw all your crappie tackle at em'. Thats the key to all fishing, location
Go Huskies!

Return to “Walleye and Panfish Sponsored By Mar Don Resort”