check this amazing photo. do you have a fishing adventure?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
cant sleep
Petty Officer

check this amazing photo. do you have a fishing adventure?

Post by cant sleep » Fri May 16, 2008 6:38 pm

this photo was this week at Lake Chelan. each end of the lake it is two different worlds. When i was there the south end was a nice 75 degrees and a light southerly wind..but the north end!! it was from something else... the winds were blowing from the north and kicking up some dust... I had to go in it and load up on fuel or i wasnt going to make it back to camp.. the winds were 40-50 mph. I have a few battle scars on my new boat from just trying to slide into the dock..... the point where the south wind met the north wind on the lake was like an ocean bar crossing.... all three bildge pumps were on till i made out out of the north wind.... It was definetly a hang on type stuff are we going to die.......................... ps that dust cloud is around 2000 ft high.. the town is a small dot 5 miles away..
Attachments
Picture_099.jpg
Picture_099.jpg (42.57 KiB) Viewed 1318 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri May 16, 2008 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lori
Petty Officer

RE:check this amazing photo. do you have a fishing adventure?

Post by lori » Fri May 16, 2008 7:56 pm

I have taken the boat ride to the other end ,and your right its a long trip and very different .I would not want to do it in bad weather it was rough with just wind.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri May 16, 2008 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot." - Stephen Wright

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles

The better part of one’s life consists of his friendships. Author: Abraham Lincoln

-----------* >*)((((((><

Lori and the Suicide Duck II

cant sleep
Petty Officer

Post by cant sleep » Fri May 16, 2008 8:14 pm

hey bud,, beats sittin on the couch asking where is the tv clicker.. next week ill send another one.. going to winchester where it dumps in the potholes lake. last week i was at grand coulee fishing rufus and steamboat.....remember the ole saying lifes to short.. so go fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sat May 17, 2008 12:55 am

cant sleep wrote:hey bud,, beats sittin on the couch asking where is the tv clicker.. next week ill send another one.. going to winchester where it dumps in the potholes lake. last week i was at grand coulee fishing rufus and steamboat.....remember the ole saying lifes to short.. so go fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Without a doubt fishing's way higher on most of our priority lists then out TV's, but it ain't worth gambling your life for a few fish ya know? Just be safe out there. I don't know much about the weather on Lake Chelan, but do know it can get windy in the summer and rough for boats of any size. Glad you made it back fine...Any fish?
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

ruthven78
Commander

Post by ruthven78 » Sat May 17, 2008 4:33 am

Focus, I said, FOCUS!

hehehe :farao:
Owner, Bakercraft Lures - http://www.bakercraftlures.com/