Bass Book Recommendations?

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
cjanak
Petty Officer

Bass Book Recommendations?

Post by cjanak » Sun May 13, 2007 10:15 pm

Anybody willing to recommend a good Bass fishing book? I'd prefer something that tries to get the reader in to the mind of a bass, so to speak. References to scientific studies would be a plus. I'm not so interested in a simple laundry list of proven tactics.

I already own Washington Fishing by Rudnick, Complete Book of Baits, Rigs & Tackle by Dunaway, and The Freshwater Fisherman's Bible by Evanoff.

Thanks,
Chris

Bassmaster2008
Petty Officer

RE:Bass Book Recommendations?

Post by Bassmaster2008 » Mon May 14, 2007 1:41 am

Hey I got 2 books I refer to and I usually can find the things I want to know in these books quickly.

World of Fishing for Largemouth Bass by Field and Stream- This is a collection of articles that has some insightful things from pro tournament fishers and Field and Stream writers. Has some basic tactics as well.

The Freshwater Angler: Largemouth Bass by Don Oster: This book has all the basics as well, but its very methodical and organized in the presentation. The style it is put together gives a very strong base idea of what the bass are doing. Multiple scientific studies are shown the book.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon May 14, 2007 8:06 pm

A MUST HAVE!
Largemouth Bass - An In-fisherman Handbook of Strategies

ANOTHER GOOD ONE....
The Bass Angler's Almanac

ONE OF MY FAVORITE BASS FISHING BOOKS TO READ...
Fishing on the Edge: The Mike Iaconelli Story

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:24 pm

I'm bumping this one up for dilbert.
Hopefully you guys will have more books that you can recommend for all of us.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JWerner
Warrant Officer

Post by JWerner » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:07 pm

You need Roland Martin's book. He goes into the "fish's brain", trying to explain why fish do what they do. Doug Hannon also has a good book, but I can not recal the title. Subscribing to BassWest magazine would be a good choice as well. Best of luck -

JWerner

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:48 am

Thanks for the recommendations. I ended up reserving as many of the recommended books as I could find at the library (and a few others). Maybe I'll be ready to catch bass just in time for the season to be over.
:bounce:
"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"