cutthroat lake

Tell us about your favorite Alpine lake locations and hikes here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Henry
Petty Officer

cutthroat lake

Post by Henry » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:29 pm

anyone heard anything about cutthroat lake in okanogan county? is there much of a hike? I like to make a trip to a high lake in the next few weeks and Im just trying tfind the best one to catch some good fish.
thanks

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

RE:cutthroat lake

Post by Marc Martyn » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:38 am

I was up there many years ago and don't remember it as being a difficult hike, maybe 1-2 miles. I think that it is rated as a moderate hike. Beautiful lake.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:29 pm

Henry wrote:anyone heard anything about cutthroat lake in okanogan county? is there much of a hike? I like to make a trip to a high lake in the next few weeks and Im just trying tfind the best one to catch some good fish.
thanks

I fish the Okanogan county lower lakes alot, but I would make some calls to the closest ranger station or something as to inquire about ice on the lake. That part of the state is both hotter and colder than the West side. bummer to hike into a frozen puddle.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

David Hert
Petty Officer

Post by David Hert » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:10 pm

Thats why you take an auger or an axe. Drill or hack a hole in the ice and keep on fishing, just like we do here on the east side! Don't let a little ice and or snow scare you. Just make sure to take a buddy along, misery loves company! :-"

Return to “Alpine Lakes - Hikes and Destinations”