skagit river bank fishing

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
bassbuzzer
Petty Officer

skagit river bank fishing

Post by bassbuzzer » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:07 pm

Can anyone help me with a spot to fish in the morning from the bank on the skagit river near mt. vernon or burlington? Im driving from seattle early morning and will be looking for a spot to setup and try my luck at some pinks. Im not looking for your secret spot or anything. Just a reasonable place to park/fish where I wont be trespassing. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Lingking
Petty Officer

Re: skagit river bank fishing

Post by Lingking » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:35 pm

Gardner road off of hwy 20 is great spot. Just take a right on the road and follow it to the end. There is a boat launch and. Several 4x4 trails that will take you to a great gravel bar.

bassbuzzer
Petty Officer

Post by bassbuzzer » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:39 pm

Just googled it. Looks promising. Would you recommend fishing from the gravel bar? I appreciate your help Lingking!

Lingking
Petty Officer

Post by Lingking » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:30 pm

Yes
Mid way up the bar. Plunk a watermelon coler spin n' glow on a 3 way swivel. Put a 18" dropper to a 4oz pyramid or sandclaw sinker. Sandshrimp for bait. Cast 1/3 of the way across the river and put it in a rod holder and wait for it to bounce. Fish on!

spenny1823
Petty Officer

Post by spenny1823 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:55 am

There is also a spot in Burlington that is quite easy to get too. It is just down river of the railroad tracks, but upriver of highway 99. That is a pretty popular spot so I would make sure if you were going to go there to get there early. Google maps will lead you right to it.