Curing Eggs for fall salmon

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Live2Fish4Life
Petty Officer

Curing Eggs for fall salmon

Post by Live2Fish4Life » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:49 am

With fall salmon in full swing this is the perfect time to be stocking up on your eggs. What better than to take a different look at a great way to cure eggs for fall salmon. In this video I break down one of my cures and how to cure the eggs properly. It all starts with quality eggs. And from there quality ingredients. I used Pautzke fire cure and borax o fire with AN Sporting sandshrimp powder and a few drops of pure anise oil from XFactor Tackle. When combined together you have a great recipe for success. Give these great products a try on your next outing and you will set yourself up for success. Tight Lines and fish on!

Curing Eggs for Fall Salmon: http://youtu.be/drlMagJJiT8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jrodell27
Petty Officer

Re: Curing Eggs for fall salmon

Post by jrodell27 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:20 pm

Thanks for posting! A new salmon angler here and can't wait to catch my first hen to try curing my own eggs.
“I’m not going to catch any fish in the forest using a steak knife as bait. Still, I’ve got to try.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jarod Kintz

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:55 pm

Man those look like they would go great on crackers. Yum!
j/k
Nice video. There will be so many people who will benefit from your expertise. Hopefully Mike will see this and add it to the video database. Nice work man.

fishnislife

gsus32
Petty Officer

Post by gsus32 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:44 pm

I'm going to try my first batch tomorrow morning hopefully they come out good

jrodell27
Petty Officer

Post by jrodell27 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:41 pm

Awesome vid thanks for posting.
“I’m not going to catch any fish in the forest using a steak knife as bait. Still, I’ve got to try.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jarod Kintz

Live2Fish4Life
Petty Officer

Post by Live2Fish4Life » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:49 pm

Thanks guys! Great to hear all of the feedback.

oldguyfox
Petty Officer

Post by oldguyfox » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:34 pm

Wow, this looks like a great cure to try out thanks for making the video! Couple of questions. First, where can I find the powdered shrimp scent you use and second, will this cure also work on Skykomish Steelhead (maybe dont add the Firecure?) Or do you recommend something different for that.
Thanks!!

Live2Fish4Life
Petty Officer

Post by Live2Fish4Life » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:14 pm

You are most welcome, glad it was helpful for you. The powdered sandshrimp is from AN Sporting. I am not sure if it's allowed to post the site link. Just type in "AN Sporting fishing scents" in google and you will see it.

To answer your second question, yes this will definitely be a great steelhead cure (minus the fire cure). I will be running it this winter steely season for sure. Hopefully there will be enough fish to make for some good results.

Tight lines!