Lost pole at metzler friday 11/29

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Hepker
Petty Officer

Lost pole at metzler friday 11/29

Post by Hepker » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:56 pm

this idiot decided to drive off w/o putting his pole in the car. it was gone when i returned and sadly there was only one car there when i pulled out. fenwick eagle gt with okuma avenger spinning reel. last seen at 5pm friday. please forward anyone to me if they have information about this pole. my number is206-369-3815. thanks. carl [mad] [sad] ](*,)
Last edited by Hepker on Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

mallard83
Commodore

Re: Lost pole at metzler friday 11/29

Post by mallard83 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:01 pm

Ouch.....sorry to here about the rod. I absolutely love my eagle and will be purchasing another shortly. Hope you get yours back.

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:12 pm

Bummer man! One of my worst fears. Fortunately the only thing I've left behind is my pocket knife after cleaning a fish and was able to go back and pick it up where I left it. Good luck with getting your gear back.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:55 pm

I had a fly rod in a case come out of my bag while hiking down the river on the coast. Realized it had happened not ten minutes after, went back, and dudes behind us had taken it and run off.

Every once in a while you'll find a nice person, but unfortunately, that really sucks.

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:16 pm

natetreat wrote:I had a fly rod in a case come out of my bag while hiking down the river on the coast. Realized it had happened not ten minutes after, went back, and dudes behind us had taken it and run off.

Every once in a while you'll find a nice person, but unfortunately, that really sucks.
Don't worry, what comes around goes around those guys will get theirs in some form or another. Karma always prevails and likes to clean house of those without conscience.

Hepker
Petty Officer

Post by Hepker » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:47 pm

well i have posted here, on gamefishin and craigslist. also posted a notice in the parking lot and at the boat launch just off hwy 18. asked around at the metzler hole for a bit too. deposited some karma pts by asking a guy and his son if a water bottle i found where i thought they had just been was theirs. it was. left with a good feeling.

c_saeteurn
Warrant Officer

Post by c_saeteurn » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:24 pm

if it helps, eagle gt rods are on sale right now at sportco/outdoor emporium for 38.88 and avenger reels at 22.88

djw0414
Angler

Post by djw0414 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:57 am

Sorry for your loss......
After leaving a rod/reel behind on the Skykomish one day and luckily getting it back I developed a new habit which has virtually eliminated the problem. If I can't immediately put my rod(s) in the car I lean them on my driver's side rear view mirror. It is hard to get into the car and drive off with your rod there.

MotoBoat
Commodore

Post by MotoBoat » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:45 am

djw0414 wrote:Sorry for your loss......
After leaving a rod/reel behind on the Skykomish one day and luckily getting it back I developed a new habit which has virtually eliminated the problem. If I can't immediately put my rod(s) in the car I lean them on my driver's side rear view mirror. It is hard to get into the car and drive off with your rod there.
I like your way of thinking. My dad and I were on our annual Upland bird hunt in the Mid-West this year. We worked an area, get a couple birds. Decide to clean them in an old abandoned building, out of the wind, and cold temps. I noticed where he placed his shotgun, and almost leaned mine beside his. But thought, what if we took off leaving them in the barn. Instead, I leaned mine against the passenger side mirror of the truck.

We drove off, headed to another area a few miles away. I was going to ride my dirt bike for several hours. While Dad sat in the truck reading the paper, and listing to baseball on the radio. When I reached behind the seat for my jacket, is when I saw my gun, and asked where his was? He thought it was in the back of the truck. But nope, realized his was left behind. Since we were not hunting anymore that day, it is likely both guns would have been left in the old barn until the next time we pulled the guns out. Which would have been the next morning!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:01 am

Don't lean them against the bumper. One person did and ended up with a bent barrel.

When he ran over it. His nickname after that was 'bent barrel'.
Tom.

Interests: living

MotoBoat
Commodore

Post by MotoBoat » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:35 am

Amx wrote:Don't lean them against the bumper. One person did and ended up with a bent barrel.

When he ran over it. His nickname after that was 'bent barrel'.
How long has ol' "bent barrel" lived with his nickname? Depending on which way the barrel was bent, he was probably a master at shootin around corners! #-o

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:41 am

This happened back in the late '70s. Fellow member of the 4x4 club I was in back then. Had a blue Ford pickup with a bubble in the roof of the cab. His wife was an awesome shot with a .44 Mag. pistol.
Tom.

Interests: living