BASS FISHERS IN CLARK COUNTY

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
dbfisherman
Petty Officer

BASS FISHERS IN CLARK COUNTY

Post by dbfisherman » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:54 pm

If you know where Daybreak Park is then you can easily find the best bass ponds possibly in all of Clark County.

the1fishingpro
Lieutenant

RE:BASS FISHERS IN CLARK COUNTY

Post by the1fishingpro » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:14 am

I've been to Daybreak a couple times and I live in Clark County, but I dont know any good bass ponds sorry. Let me know where they are and I will =D. Hook me up man!
If in doubt set the hook!

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:14 pm

i know exactly were daybreak is but i am not sure about any good bass ponds around there, so were are they? i am always looking for new spots, lacamas and round have gotten a little dull
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

serving Washingtons greatest fishing website since 12/14/07

sending videos soon.

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:29 pm

Fisherman_max wrote:i know exactly were daybreak is but i am not sure about any good bass ponds around there, so were are they? i am always looking for new spots, lacamas and round have gotten a little dull
looking on Google maps... follow the river to the west, those look promising.
"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:50 pm

they kinda look like they wold be private, my friend lives right down the street and he has a nice private pond but it is strictly private, those 6 or 7 lakes look nice but they look hard to get to
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

sending videos soon.

lskiles
Commander

Post by lskiles » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:38 pm

If you mean the ponds on Storedahl Pit Road it looks to me like there is a gate on that road. Even if that is not a gate it is an operating pit. Maybe they would give a fellow permission to fish. Is google maps great or what. I have gotten myself in trouble a time or two, but for the most part it is a great tool.

Another spot I have fished in the same area is Fargher Lake. The confusing part is that there are two bodies of water on google maps called Fargher Pond one is a private pond just SSW of town with houses all around, well there is one undeveloped lot, but I still think we are not suppose to be there. The other is north of the town called Fargher Lake. If you are interested you can go north on NE Lewisville Highway (Highway 503) and it will come into Fargher Lake as the road turns right and there is a store on the left right after the store turn left which is 156th Avenue and go north till it goes slight left and becomes Reid Road when you come to the intersection of Reid Road and Grantham Road the pond is on the right. I saw two access points one on Reid and one on Grantham. I caught some dink bass there, but I was told you can find big ones. I would have had much better luck if I had brought my canoe. When I was there one fellow fishing said he caught a salamander on a worm off the bottom...did not know you could do that!

sgpwayne
Petty Officer

Post by sgpwayne » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:30 pm

My sis in law caught one by accident on riffe lake this past august with a nite crawler and a #8 bait holding hook. She freaked out cuz she couldn't get it off her line. We finally cut the line. It was the biggest thing we caught all day

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:37 pm

When you see them up in alpine lakes it's a cool sight and pretty suprising too. Some of those things pushed 8 or 9 inches easily and they can be everywhere..
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

dbfisherman
Petty Officer

Post by dbfisherman » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:31 pm

Yes you guessed it storedahl holds some trophy bass for the area. They are private but who needs to know??? haha.

dbfisherman
Petty Officer

Post by dbfisherman » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:34 pm

Oh and by they way don't go there between the hours of 8-9. The owner checks down there at those times. 1-8lbs bass.

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:28 pm

8am-9pm?

Max's Video Production

sending videos soon.

dbfisherman
Petty Officer

Post by dbfisherman » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:56 pm

no 8pm-9pm. It's a little walk back there too. Well worth it though, you may also catch perch, whitefish, bluegill, and trout in the ponds also.

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:49 pm

which pond did you fish? there are tons of em

Max's Video Production

sending videos soon.

dbfisherman
Petty Officer

Post by dbfisherman » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:40 am

Well you'll get the most luck in the pond right in front of all the old/broken down operating equipment. There will be a tube feeding into the pond.