Chinook Saltwater Charter recommendations.

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
TedBull
Petty Officer

Chinook Saltwater Charter recommendations.

Post by TedBull » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:21 pm

Hey Guys. I am looking to find a Charter or Guide service to take me trolling in the sound to find some big Chinook. Looking for a reputable outfit. Someone who supplies quality gear, quality service, good company, with a quality boat,

Its easy to find plenty of charter services online. But I am looking for personal references, who did you use, would you recommend them, why or why not? Thanks guys.

Or if anyone has a spot on their boat for another guy to go out on the sound for some Chinook fishing let me know. I can chip in with whatever is needed - ice, fuel, launch fees, beer, snacks, netting fish, etc.

I am just a little burnt out on bank fishing the rivers, and putting around the little lakes in my little boat. Need some open water and some big fish who put up a good fight. Trolling with a downrigger would be a nice change.

I am located in Lake Stevens, WA.

Please PM me if you have any specific info to share or want to go fishing. Or post up in the thread for all to see. Thanks.

Ted.

BARCHASER10
Captain

Re: Chinook Saltwater Charter recommendations.

Post by BARCHASER10 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:17 pm

Chinook fishing is over. It was closed three weeks ago in MA 9. But the Silver and Pink fishing is fantastic. Today, me and my friend launched at Everett and dropped the gear at 7:00 near the Shipwreck. We had our 4 Silvers 7-10 pounds at 7:45 and switched to Pink gear and had 4 Pinks and done by 8:30. There are big schools of Pinks cruising the surface.. kind of cool to see. Lots of Silvers under the Pinks too.

I haven't been on a charter boat in 30 years, so I don't know any myself. But there are several well established charter outfits at the Everett Marina, I see them on the water all the time. They must have something going on since they seem to have customers. All Seasons Charter comes to mind. Suggest you just google Everett fishing charters for a start. Edmonds also has several. Good luck.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:30 pm

I think he's fishing buoy 10 right now, but my neighbor KILLS it for big kings. His name is Matt, and if anyone can get you on fish in the salt, it's him. https://www.facebook.com/GetHookedNW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is his page. Tell him Nate sent you! I deckhand for him sometimes when I want to ride in a killer sled.

TedBull
Petty Officer

Post by TedBull » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:36 pm

Thanks Nate, I will look into the link and check out your buddies setup. I appreciate the info.

Ted.