Scents of choice......

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
homeslice
Petty Officer

Scents of choice......

Post by homeslice » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:13 am

Down in southern California, we use a wide assortment of scents to keep the fish attracted to the lures. Companies such as Pro Cure, Berkely, and Smelly Jelly work well. What scents would you recommend for Salmon, Trout, Sturgeon, and Catfish in WA?

VooDuuChild
Warrant Officer

RE:Scents of choice......

Post by VooDuuChild » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:29 am

I use Smelly Jelly Shrimp Salt for just about every kind of fishing here in Western Washington; although my primary fishing is done is freshwater; almost no saltwater.
________
[l_,[____],
l---L -[]lllll[]-
()_) ()_)---)_) Jeeps are my other addiction......I need help, no, just more money!!!!

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:50 pm

Don't go much further then Smelly Jelly. The vaseline like stuff in Shrimp/Krill/Anise/Herring/Salmon Feast, it all works well...THat vaseline substance doesn't ever come off, so use an old kitchen sponge for an applicator.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

travislikesfishing
Lieutenant

Post by travislikesfishing » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:52 pm

ya i like the smelly jelly sand shrimp
KEEP UR LINE TIGHT SO U CAN FEEL THE BITE!!!!!

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:09 pm

My favorite for salmon is shrimp flavor, either in smelly jelly or lunker lotion. I also like the special mix that smelly jelly makes. That flavor is a mix between shrimp and anise. But when I am trolling herring is my go to scent. Then for trout fishing the krill grease made by pautzke is my favorite. At the hatchery they flavor all the food and medicine that they give to the fish with krill, so it just kills the hatchery trout. The krill also worked really well for the pinks.