Anyone doing well on the green?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
bugmasta
Lieutenant

Anyone doing well on the green?

Post by bugmasta » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:55 pm

Never fished this body of water and the cost of fuel is forcing me to fish closer to home. Can't afford to keep driving south just to release native fish. Fun to catch, but I need to put some meat in the freezer. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.

tnj8222
Admiral

Re: Anyone doing well on the green?

Post by tnj8222 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:03 pm

I havent been catching the last few days.

bugmasta
Lieutenant

Post by bugmasta » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:05 pm

Seeing the boat in you avatar I am guessing you are catching in that. Guess I should mention that I am stuck on the bank. any advice?

MrJK
Angler

Post by MrJK » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:02 pm

Heard some guys fishing just north of 277th were hooking on jigs and spoons. Bank fishing.

gfakkema
Commander

Post by gfakkema » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:21 pm

Last edited by gfakkema on Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founding member of P.I.N.K. (Pink Idiots Need Killing), for the prevention of IDIOT pink salmon "anglers" everywhere!

losaturn
Warrant Officer

Post by losaturn » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:56 pm

A friend and I fished the section that opened, and we got limits floating eggs and sandshrimp on Saturday. There were a lot of fishing rolling the in Upper Tukwilla/lower Kent area that morning.

dicinu
Commander

Post by dicinu » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:06 pm

Lots of Boot kings in the water I been fishing here and there where the road T's off eggs spoons and spinners had a nice hit on a spinner (Viberex) but pulled out of the fish's mouth. nothing else boot kings all around. I been hitting it early morning for 30 or so mins and in the afternoon for 30 mins so time has not been really spent on the water.

gfakkema
Commander

Post by gfakkema » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:15 pm

Last edited by gfakkema on Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founding member of P.I.N.K. (Pink Idiots Need Killing), for the prevention of IDIOT pink salmon "anglers" everywhere!

HOOKEDONFISHING
Lieutenant

Post by HOOKEDONFISHING » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:55 pm

There's alot of chrome in the Duwamish and they are loving eggs . Not to sure about upper part of river.

gfakkema
Commander

Post by gfakkema » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:12 pm

dicinu
Commander

Post by dicinu » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:53 pm

gfakkema wrote:I'm not sure if the chrome hasn't made its way up the system yet or if all those duwi anglers are pulling them all. Seen way too many boots and not enough chrome. Maybe I need to move a little closer to the mouth for those silvers?

Sounds like we need to do some car pooling lol I am on leah hill in auburn also... closer to the mouth may be the ticket I wish I had the cash for a new motor for my little boat. I would take that sucker out and fish in it. hmm I forgot I got a toon sitting in the garage also...

losaturn
Warrant Officer

Post by losaturn » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:05 pm

Caught a couple silvers today over down low in Kent floating sandshrimp. How far up are you guys fishing, who are catching kings?
Last edited by losaturn on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HOOKEDONFISHING
Lieutenant

Post by HOOKEDONFISHING » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:44 pm

I haven't seen any Kings for over a month.

gfakkema
Commander

Post by gfakkema » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:25 am

gfakkema
Commander

Post by gfakkema » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:37 am

Last edited by gfakkema on Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:27 pm

I know this is probably being repetitive but so people know. The Green and Duwamish are one ofthe same river. Up to the Fort Dent area its the Duwamish. Above that area its the Green River.There is excellent bank access throughout the river. I fish an area called Allentown. Its between south Seattle and Tukwilla. Its all estuary water so its best to check the tidal flows. Above the Fort Dent area on the Green I usuall fish the Russell Road /Frager road area. Ive gotten a few fish this year in both areas. Theres a decent flow of water from like 212th on down. Theres always parking and river access is good. You dont need a boat in the river. Id say start down by south 112th behind Boeing (old Duwamish Theatre) . I like Allentown ,I park at the Community Center. There is a walking path that follows the river. While my leg has been messed up it makes for an easy day on my knee. Good Luck to everyone. (there are some homeless people living under the bridges but they are harmless for the most part.

Dennis316
Petty Officer

Post by Dennis316 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:15 pm

racfish wrote:I know this is probably being repetitive but so people know. The Green and Duwamish are one ofthe same river. Up to the Fort Dent area its the Duwamish. Above that area its the Green River.There is excellent bank access throughout the river. I fish an area called Allentown. Its between south Seattle and Tukwilla. Its all estuary water so its best to check the tidal flows. Above the Fort Dent area on the Green I usuall fish the Russell Road /Frager road area. Ive gotten a few fish this year in both areas. Theres a decent flow of water from like 212th on down. Theres always parking and river access is good. You dont need a boat in the river. Id say start down by south 112th behind Boeing (old Duwamish Theatre) . I like Allentown ,I park at the Community Center. There is a walking path that follows the river. While my leg has been messed up it makes for an easy day on my knee. Good Luck to everyone. (there are some homeless people living under the bridges but they are harmless for the most part.

it took me about 2 full days of exploring the green and duwamish to find all this out for myself [cursing] oh well, good info and i found lots of other good spots, the green is pretty awesome when it comes to bank access and fishing spots