Kapowsin (?)

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
35jsm
Angler

Kapowsin (?)

Post by 35jsm » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:40 pm

Anybody been to Kapowsin lately? I went to the resort last month on a Thursday to fish on their dock and found the gate locked and a sign saying they were only open on weekends. I went back the following Saturday, got drenched and no fish. What are the chances of catching anything in that lake without a boat? If there is any hope, I would like to try again this Saturday.

John

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Kapowsin (?)

Post by Amx » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:08 am

Chances are great, BUT it IS winter/spring so most trips to any lake can be a skunk or near skunk, not to mention the bass really don't like the cold winter/spring storms, they cool the water back down and just plain bother the fish, try again after a couple days of warm sun.
Tom.

Interests: living

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:55 am

i have seen some huge bass caught off the dock there in the past couple decades. I think Kapowsin is the first lake I really remember my dad taking us boys too, and kinda the first public spot I grew up duck hunting. [wink]

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:25 am

once the water warms a bit try half a crawler pumped full of air with slip sinker on a #4 0r #6 hook. gotten lots of holdovers and quite a few bass in the couple pound range with that. or if you can find the smaller worms, hook'em once through the middle and put it under a slip float. cast that around the logs and adjust your depth til you start gettin' hit. lots of good size trout hide under there eating the snails.