Hot little lake in SNOHOMISH COUNTY(Everett)

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Dcnv425
Angler

Hot little lake in SNOHOMISH COUNTY(Everett)

Post by Dcnv425 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:48 am

There's this little lake in Everett called Beverly with big bluegills and crappies and even bass. I have a friend who lives on this lake and in the summer I would go fishing in her backyard or take my kayak and just fish around the lily pads and man the fishes here are really big. The bluegills and crappies here are good in sizes, the crappie bites good on Yellow Crappie jigs and for the bass I use a black spinnerbait and have caught many 3-5lb plus largemouths here. The only thing is that the lake is surrounded by houses and apartments so I'm not sure if theres a public access but if you know someone who lives there its pretty awesome!!! In my opinion one of the hottest lake for crappie and bass around the snoho county for me.

If you guys ever get the chance to fish this awesome little lake please practise Catch and Release so everyone can have fun.

SculpinKing
Petty Officer

Re: Hot little lake in SNOHOMISH COUNTY(Everett)

Post by SculpinKing » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:20 am

You have me drooling here :) Looking at the birds-eye view in Bing maps I don't see much for public access, so I guess I'll have to stay drooling unless someone can find differently.

Dcnv425
Angler

Post by Dcnv425 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:53 pm

I see people fishing from the apartments sometimes, If you can get permission from the owners you may get a chance to fish it.
Last edited by Dcnv425 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:19 pm

DCNV425... that sounds great and all... but it sounds like you gots to know someone to have access. LOL
Now that you know me, you should drop me a line when the water warms up. I'll bring you a float tube, and we can get bizzy.
You think I'm kidding, but tuck me away in your messages.

Dcnv425
Angler

Post by Dcnv425 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:48 pm

I would be happy to but im moving to ST.Paul MN next month...but if not we cant definitely do that!!!

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:01 pm

St. Paul Sucks.. It's cold all the time, and that makes the bass sluggish. Stay if touch in you don't make it. [thumbsup]

TroutSnipr
Commander

Post by TroutSnipr » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:59 am

i called the City of Everett this morning and am waiting for the assistant parks director to call me back. I am really intrigued as this lake is only a mile from my house, and by several reports has catch-able warm water species in it, though is not listed in the WDFW rules and I guess would fall under the generic unnamed pond rules. I will make sure to let everyone know what I find out. There are a couple businesses on Beverly Lane west of the lake that I have been tempted to explore their access after business hours but don't want to trespass either.
Lamiglas G1307/Pflueger Arbor 7435
Berkley A949MH/Pflueger Arbor 7440
Damiki Angel EX S662ML/Pflueger President 6930
Denali Jadewood JS782FR/Pflueger President 6935
Abu Garcia Vendetta VTS706/Pflueger President XT 6730
Quantum EXO-PT/US Reels Hibdon 800

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:27 pm

The Quadfather wrote:St. Paul Sucks.. It's cold all the time, and that makes the bass sluggish. Stay if touch in you don't make it. [thumbsup]
OOOOOOO00000yyyaaaaaa!!!!!! But sooooo maaannnnyyyyyyyy lakes to choose frommmmmmm =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

brienc2003
Angler

Post by brienc2003 » Mon May 20, 2013 7:10 pm

Is there any way to fish here!?

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Mon May 20, 2013 8:35 pm

brienc2003 wrote:Is there any way to fish here!?
Send Troutsnipr a PM.

TroutSnipr
Commander

Post by TroutSnipr » Wed May 22, 2013 8:27 am

I had forgot about this thread but got your PM BrienC. Per the City of Everett and my call to WDFW this lake is privately owned and not state managed. In reality I guess this would make it like a pond you own and state regs would not apply. Again this is just my guess as no one seems to want to claim control of it. I had a friend from work who lived there briefly last fall and did have some luck on some decent Crappie and Bluegills. I got into what I'm pretty sure were some fairly large LMB/SMB but never got them in using 4lb mono on an UL rod. I would not recommend "blending in" like a resident in order to fish here, or going in after hours by one of the closed business on the west side of the lake. I would guess it would at least garnish you a fat no trespassing ticket. I guess you could go to one of the apartment offices and inquire with the property managers about accessing the lake etc. Good luck with that.
Lamiglas G1307/Pflueger Arbor 7435
Berkley A949MH/Pflueger Arbor 7440
Damiki Angel EX S662ML/Pflueger President 6930
Denali Jadewood JS782FR/Pflueger President 6935
Abu Garcia Vendetta VTS706/Pflueger President XT 6730
Quantum EXO-PT/US Reels Hibdon 800

turrbos12
Angler

Post by turrbos12 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:46 pm

Just to let everyone know I have lived in an apt here for the past 4 yrs and the fishing is pretty good. Definitely some good size largemouth. Ive caught lmb, perch, bluegill, and CATFISH. great lake to fish at for free. It seems that people are worried about tresspassing and I'm telling you it not a problem people are friendly just bring a pole and don't leave a mess. Ive moved around to different apt complex's to fish different spots and ive never had an issue. But people please do catch and release so we can all have fun.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:57 am

turrbos12 wrote:Just to let everyone know I have lived in an apt here for the past 4 yrs and the fishing is pretty good. Definitely some good size largemouth. Ive caught lmb, perch, bluegill, and CATFISH. great lake to fish at for free. It seems that people are worried about tresspassing and I'm telling you it not a problem people are friendly just bring a pole and don't leave a mess. Ive moved around to different apt complex's to fish different spots and ive never had an issue. But people please do catch and release so we can all have fun.
Thanks for the insider information. Good to know that it is approachable. :-"

jonb
Commander

Post by jonb » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:55 am

Turbos is right about Beverly lake. It's easy to access, I got a
Access by asking an apartment manager if I can they said yes as long as I didn't litter, and yes the fishing is great!! I just launch a raft and troll plugs near, the island. Or Twitch crap [wub] pie jigs near the pads.
hi my name is john, and I'm a fishing addict.

Dcnv425
Angler

Post by Dcnv425 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:53 am

Wow been awhile since I moved to mn!!! I will be visiting everett in the summer and cannot wait to fish here again. Mn bass fishing has been awesome and I cannot wait to try some new techniques that I've learned.

tmwltrs@hotmail.com
Angler

Post by tmwltrs@hotmail.com » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:00 am

I have lived on this lake since 2000 enjoying this little gem. I have learned that this lake has not been stocked since the 80's , privately funded by the homeowners and interested partys. I believe it is time to restock this lake and I believe there is enough interest to even start a group( club) of small boat owners. If you are interested in pooling some money and gettiing a group togeter, please email me at tmwltrs@hotmail.com. With enough interest we could make this lake more fun.

juan1981
Petty Officer

Post by juan1981 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:23 am

Hello fishing lovers!
I just moved to this lake and I'm completely in love with it. I've fished it before when a friend used to live here and have caught big blue gills, crappies and bass... I too would love to get a group together and find a way to restock this gem of a lake!

juan1981
Petty Officer

Post by juan1981 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:39 pm

TroutSnipr wrote:I had forgot about this thread but got your PM BrienC. Per the City of Everett and my call to WDFW this lake is privately owned and not state managed. In reality I guess this would make it like a pond you own and state regs would not apply. Again this is just my guess as no one seems to want to claim control of it. I had a friend from work who lived there briefly last fall and did have some luck on some decent Crappie and Bluegills. I got into what I'm pretty sure were some fairly large LMB/SMB but never got them in using 4lb mono on an UL rod. I would not recommend "blending in" like a resident in order to fish here, or going in after hours by one of the closed business on the west side of the lake. I would guess it would at least garnish you a fat no trespassing ticket. I guess you could go to one of the apartment offices and inquire with the property managers about accessing the lake etc. Good luck with that.
I recently had a talk with my apartment manager and she stated that this lake is in fact owned by the state and that they do stock it... seems like there's multiple stories, however, I too have contact the WDFW to confirm.

jjones206
Petty Officer

Post by jjones206 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:40 am

so there are in fact crappie?

juan1981
Petty Officer

Post by juan1981 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:00 pm

jjones206 wrote:so there are in fact crappie?
Most definitely! Original post is correct, there are huge sunfish in this lake

Return to “Walleye and Panfish Sponsored By Mar Don Resort”