KIng County is Dumping **** into the Tolt River watershed!

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
blackfoot
Petty Officer

KIng County is Dumping **** into the Tolt River watershed!

Post by blackfoot » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:46 pm

Was fishing in the Hancock today, I ran into 2 scientists who were taking digital photos and GPS waypoints of where King county is dumping dried **** onto the Tolt watershed!There are signs posted where they are dumping this "waste" that states humans should stay out for 1 year! There are large trucks flipping this onto the areas that have been logged and it is going into the watershed. The guys i met are being given the runaround by the King County waste management people: the county has a map of where they are dumping Seattle's **** but they will not give that information out!They are suppose to "only " dump 1-2 in thick of waste but there are many areas where this 3+ FEET thick! They cannot provide absolute proof that this stuff is harmless.The scientists are clearly worried that it is loaded w/ antibiotics and other bad stuff.

The trucks you see on I90 that are marked with the King County logo that are double dump trucks guess what they are carrying and where they headed?

If you like to fish or care about our trout and salmon, start asking these assholes questions: they work for us. I think it's time to get the Seattle Times up to speed! Make some calls, ask some questions, it can't hurt! Call trout unlimited, if you know someone who can help look into this make a call!

Thanks

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:KIng County is Dumping **** into the Tolt River watershed!

Post by Bodofish » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:33 pm

Good job man! Questions will fly and you know i'm not at a shotage for words. I also have an inside track several high ups in KC.
M
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

blackfoot
Petty Officer

Post by blackfoot » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:36 pm

up!

Proverb
Warrant Officer

Post by Proverb » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:31 am

Could we get some more information on this I want to know what's going on and who I need to write letters too.

blackfoot
Petty Officer

Post by blackfoot » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:31 pm

Here's what I know(I'm only a couple of days into this);King County Waste treatment collects Seattle's dried **** after it is "treated",hauls it away in large double dump trucks that you see on I90,they haul it out to the Hancock and the foothills above North Bend including the Tolt River watershed which includes the area where there are feeder streams that run into the Tolt River and spreads this **** by broadcast spreading it over a vast area.

The **** hauling is done on a very frequent basis(daily?) and after it is broadcast, there are warning signs posted not to walk into the area for an extended peroid of time.According to the scientists i spoke with, King County cannot certify that the dried **** is clean of harmful agents like concentrated antibiotics.It was explained to me this way:can you imagine 2-3 million people's concentrated urine and feces that pass residues from antibiotics, birth contol pills concentrates being put on a econ system that provides us salmon,trout and flows into the water table we drink!

Seattle and suburbs get their water fromn the Cedar Falls and the Tolt reserve,so guess what we are drinking. These guys I met are not flakes: this is getting hidden from the taxpayers.

Here's what we can do:

1.call the waste treatment dept, ask for someone who is charge of hauling this dried mess from the treatment plants. Ask questions, ask if you can be provided a map of where they are dumping if not why not.Have them convince you that this material is safe.

2. Call Ron Simms office and start asking questions about waste dumping.

3. Call Trout unlimited/Salmon organizations and ask them if they know what's going on.Ask them to look into this matter.

4. If you know someone at the Fed EPA call them and start stepping them through the paces.Remember what they did about protecting Puget Sound salmon as endangered.Ask them if they are comfortable about this stuff being dumped.

5.If you know someone at the Seattle Times: give them an idea for a potential story.

This is not BS, this stuff is being hauled on a regular basis and being dumped in some of our last wilderness areas in this part of the state.REMEMBER these idiots work for US and need to be held accountable.We are paying for this to happen with our TAX $!

Please help if you can. I will be pursuing this with vigor!

blackfoot
Petty Officer

Post by blackfoot » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:02 am

up

Derrick-k
Commander

Post by Derrick-k » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:06 am

I've fished that river, it has a heathy run of salmon and trout. It is to bad what is happening to it.

littleriver
Commander

Post by littleriver » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:42 am

I think King County's environmental leaders are just trying to make the river more "natural"..
Fish doesn't smell "fishy" because it's fish. Fish smells "fishy" when it's rotten.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:41 pm

Just a FYI fellas we gotta a 14ft diameter pipe dumping all the sewage into the puget sound and it's going 24 hours a day. Granted it's all treated, so it's all natural stuff..Biodegrades itself and is nothing bad.

By the way that dried stuff is pretty much fertilizer. Not dried crap. Do yourself a favor and go to a treatment plant and ask for a tour.

About that "dried crap." It's not dried crap guys. It's pretty much all organic stuff that has been sifted out of the sewage that gets treated and put out into the sound, so it's not dried poop It's literally over a year old and its all natural stuff, used by farmers all the time for fertilizer and by the time it's done after the year of going through various processes it doesn't smell like poop or anything, you can touch it and it's just like a very rich dirt.

Granted, there are problems with it, because yes people do put birth control pills and other pills and things that aren't supposed to go down the toilet and sink, so that is a problem. I bet many of you can't say you've never flushed the wrong stuff down the toilet, so you can blame yourself for not just flushing your wastes and toilet paper and thats it....
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....