Looking for a bass fishin' mentor

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
gavran8
Petty Officer

Looking for a bass fishin' mentor

Post by gavran8 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:31 am

I live in Seattle and normally go bass fishing in my small inflatable boat with my girlfriend. I love bass fishing, but am not too good at it. I accidentally showed my gf some of the huge bass pics you guys post on here, and I'm afraid she now probably thinks I'm a total bass fishin' wimp.

For October and November I was looking to go out with some new people and learn some bass catching skills. Is anybody up for showing me the ropes? I really want to learn, and am more than willing to cover my share of gas, lures, etc....

Let me know if you're interested.

-gavran8

tagwatson360
Commander

RE:Looking for a bass fishin' mentor

Post by tagwatson360 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:32 pm

Hey Gavran,

Great to see your passion for bass fishing and your enthusiasm to learn and improve. The neat thing about bass fishing is you never stop learning. I live north of you a ways up in Bellingham and my time on the water is extremely limited these days. However, I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have and would be glad to share some tips with you that should cut down the learning curve significantly. There are important details that can make a huge difference in your success.

Shoot me a PM anytime. It may take a while to reply if I'm traveling, but I'll get back to you for sure.

Tske care and hook 'em hard,

Tag
Last edited by tagwatson360 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:46 pm

Yet another Great example of " Growing the Sport" ...

Threads like this is what makes our bass community stronger in the long run , Thanks Taggy your awesome bro :salut:

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

spindog
Commander

Post by spindog » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:17 pm

Gavran, contact someone through the bass fishing buddy list.
Last edited by spindog on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cast first, worry later.

f1sh1nf00l
Warrant Officer

Post by f1sh1nf00l » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:30 am

I would strongly suggest joining a club. There are several in your area, and I believe that is the best way to learn alot about bass fishing, and meet people to go fishin' with. I joined a club this year, and it has been an awsome experience. I have had tho opportunity to fish with some really good anglers, and have learned alot. Good luck on your journey, and welcome to the world of the severly addicted.....:bounce:

The HAWG HUNTER
Warrant Officer

Post by The HAWG HUNTER » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:39 pm

The best thing I can tell ya is to match the bottom of the Lk your fishing with the same color lure. Hold on tight!
My Dad would say," Boy, some people just can't fish"