pinks in the snoho

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
curado
Admiral

pinks in the snoho

Post by curado » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:31 pm

so this year i am buying a clicker ( head count counter like bus drivers use) because i want to see the grand toltal of pinks i can get before the runs over. and i can tell that pinks are going to start showing the 20th in good numbers thru the 30th. wooo 20 to 60 fish days
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

sockeyeguy
Angler

RE:pinks in the snoho

Post by sockeyeguy » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:58 pm

somebody caught 3 on the duwamish today so u might be able to get a head start

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:00 pm

that is true. but the fish are still making there way into 8-2 and 9
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
EGG GURU

frawgsawce
Angler

Post by frawgsawce » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:06 pm

Hello,
Alright, I have a question. Im still trying to adapt to WA fishing. I've been told the pinks are the easiest to catch and managed to get some a few years ago. I just cant figure out when to go. I dont have a boat, and I really only know how to get to a few places on the sky, so I usually stick to that area, up by the wallace. I can really only get out on the weekends and two years with no fish is starting to wear on me. Would anyone be able to help me target maybe a weekend that I should head out and give it a try again. Again, Im in the bellevue area, but Im willing to drive if need be. Im used to fishing in the south, migratory fish have got me spinning in circles, any advice?

[-o<

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:38 pm

sockeyeguy wrote:somebody caught 3 on the duwamish today so u might be able to get a head start
I thought the Duwamish was closed until the 8/20th?

Frawgspawce, when the Duwamish opens, you should check it out. Closest river system to the Bellevue folks. Catching pinks in the wallace is too far up there for pinks, you need to fish lower river areas on the snohomish and the Duwamish.
Last edited by kzoo on Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chefjake99
Warrant Officer

Post by chefjake99 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:52 pm

curado wrote:so this year i am buying a clicker ( head count counter like bus drivers use) because i want to see the grand toltal of pinks i can get before the runs over. and i can tell that pinks are going to start showing the 20th in good numbers thru the 30th. wooo 20 to 60 fish days
Curado - I'm sure to see you up there i will be going quite a bit after work. I also bought a small aluminum boat that will go up the the upper snoho / sky confluence area. Let me know if you want a ride or head out on the boat.
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clar

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:52 pm

will do. if i were you when the fish get thick go to 522. frawg shoot me a pm and i will give you some i deas on what to use and when
Last edited by curado on Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Team Fish Whore
EGG GURU

frawgsawce
Angler

Post by frawgsawce » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:51 pm

Hey Curado, I replied to the other post, I tried to pm you, but it didnt work. I appreciate any advice if you are willing to email me, frawgsawce@gmail.com

-Frawg
Last edited by frawgsawce on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:09 am

i shot you a e mail

Team Fish Whore
EGG GURU

frawgsawce
Angler

Post by frawgsawce » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:34 am

Thank you very much Curado. Ill give it a shot.

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:24 pm

no problem. so i talked to a guy last night and the pinks are finally showing up in the salt. so i will post what happens on the 16th

Team Fish Whore
EGG GURU

julesvern12
Angler

Post by julesvern12 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:43 am

Pinks are in the salt. In ok numbers and are making their way too the snoho. Should be heatin up soon.

jerome iverson
Angler

Post by jerome iverson » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:00 pm

was down at the snoho yesterday i saw about 30 fish jump in a half hour man i am already getting humpy fever and yes i cant wait to get 40 of them in a day 2 years ago we were getting around 50 to 60 in 4 hours we would just anchor the boat and drop are jigs straight down from the boat we got a fish on about every 4th twitch i even netted 3 of swimming on top of the water by the boat lol are humpy eggs any good for fishing if ya cure them i usaully just by them at the store but this year i want to cure sum myself

chefjake99
Warrant Officer

Post by chefjake99 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:04 am

mr lucky wrote:was down at the snoho yesterday i saw about 30 fish jump in a half hour man i am already getting humpy fever and yes i cant wait to get 40 of them in a day 2 years ago we were getting around 50 to 60 in 4 hours we would just anchor the boat and drop are jigs straight down from the boat we got a fish on about every 4th twitch i even netted 3 of swimming on top of the water by the boat lol are humpy eggs any good for fishing if ya cure them i usaully just by them at the store but this year i want to cure sum myself
I share the enthusiasm for the humpy and silver runs in the snoho. Yes humpy eggs work perfectly fine for fishing and will be far better than buying them at the store... if you cure them right. I'm not gonna bother giving you a recipe though because for one there is a thread in the forum somewhere about it, and for two i suspect every person on this site would give you a slightly different recipe and swear theirs is the best.
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clar

hanapaa808
Warrant Officer

Post by hanapaa808 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:10 am

Took a cruise down on the snohomish today and guess what I saw.......a bunch of guys plunking in the river......WTF? I guess some guys don't care about regulations..... I said something to them but they didn't even acknowledge I was there.... I'm sure you guys have run into these kinds of people. When You say anything to them they look right through you like your not standing right in front of them. Oh well, I'm sure it will catch up to them one day.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:15 am

It may catch up to them quicker if you make a cell phone call.:-" Somehow we need to sticky the previous thread that had the various phone numbers to call to report stuff like that. I know.... preaching to the choir. But that list of numbers is out there, maybe someone can link it here. At least I will put it in my phone.
Yes, I agree when this past time is something that we all love,, stuff like that gets my hair up.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:37 pm

The Quadfather wrote:It may catch up to them quicker if you make a cell phone call.:-" Somehow we need to sticky the previous thread that had the various phone numbers to call to report stuff like that. I know.... preaching to the choir. But that list of numbers is out there, maybe someone can link it here. At least I will put it in my phone.
Yes, I agree when this past time is something that we all love,, stuff like that gets my hair up.
Poaching Hotline - 1-877-933-9847

http://wdfw.wa.gov/enforcement/reportin ... tions.html

I keep it programmed into my phone..:-"
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:10 pm

hanapaa808 wrote:Took a cruise down on the snohomish today and guess what I saw.......a bunch of guys plunking in the river......WTF? I guess some guys don't care about regulations..... I said something to them but they didn't even acknowledge I was there.... I'm sure you guys have run into these kinds of people. When You say anything to them they look right through you like your not standing right in front of them. Oh well, I'm sure it will catch up to them one day.
Check the regs... The Snoho is open right now...........
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

fishingboy
Commander

Post by fishingboy » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:41 pm

Check the regs carefully, it doesnt open for salmon untill the 16th which is tomorrow!
Largemouth:

PB: 6 pounds

2011: 6 Pounds

Smallmouth:

PB: 5 pounds

2011: 4 lbs

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:43 pm

However it IS open for steelhead retention, and plunking works well for steelhead....Everyone is always so quick to throw out the poaching card.

#-o
Last edited by Matt on Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."