The line you use for diferent fish??

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
aquaholic
Petty Officer

The line you use for diferent fish??

Post by aquaholic » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:14 pm

For instance if you are bass fishing knowing you are going to be catching 1-5 pound bass would you use 8lb?
or crappie jigging is 6 ok? thats what i vbeen using, i just dont know what i would use for trolling for trout between 14-20inch?? Thanks

martekk42
Petty Officer

RE:The line you use for diferent fish??

Post by martekk42 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:14 pm

For crappie I normally do 4lb test ,But thats my prefrence. Heck I would even go lighter but the thing is .. I always seem to catch bigger fish as well.. 5-6 lb smallies even some lunker tripaloids.. As long as you can keep them out of the pads or deep weeds you can catch about anything on 4lb test .. LOL just pray hard and fight hard .. Be sure to set your drag right and using back spin can help at times as well....