Mason Lake bass

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Ocktane
Warrant Officer

Mason Lake bass

Post by Ocktane » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:54 pm

So I've heard the boat launch is better now so I've been thinking bout' hittin Mason Lake. Think its worth my trouble? Anyone had a lot of luck there and want to trade any insider info I'm all ears!
"I believe that hard work really makes a man, but everyone should wet a line, every now and then." -Eric Church

Sounguru
Petty Officer

RE:Mason Lake bass

Post by Sounguru » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:46 pm

Had a couple of people say that it has been a little slow this year, but I haven't been out there myself since my little 10' boat on big lake = target for ski boats.

The HAWG HUNTER
Warrant Officer

Post by The HAWG HUNTER » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:21 am

Mason is loaded with big LMB. The best times for me has been late afternoon close to dark using white spinner baits and June bug plastics. The water is supper clear with shallow to deep areas all around the Lk. Long Lk has nothing on Mason when the wind blows.. find cover and watch for white caps. The lake finger from the launch to the main Lk holds some nice fish look for a sliding board on the left fish the right bank the fish hold looking to the bank about 5' from shore DON"T LET THEM SEE YOU!!!If they do move on, unless you have a cast net.lol There are some rock bass in there also, they like crank baits. Hope this helps some. GOOD LUCK !!
My Dad would say," Boy, some people just can't fish"

Ocktane
Warrant Officer

Post by Ocktane » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:44 am

Dang, lots of info Hawg Hunter, thanks! Yeah I've been to Mason twice, once before I got the Allison and once after. I can imagine she gets narly on a windy day. I've been out in the "Wash" though so my fear of windy lakes is far diminished... unless I'm going back to Lake Washington!
"I believe that hard work really makes a man, but everyone should wet a line, every now and then." -Eric Church

Ocktane
Warrant Officer

Post by Ocktane » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:35 am

Anyone been down to Mason recently to see the water temps?

Sounguru
Petty Officer

Post by Sounguru » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:28 pm

Ocktane wrote:Anyone been down to Mason recently to see the water temps?
No but if you ever need help surveying it I would be happy to tag a long and test them with ya....:)

Ocktane
Warrant Officer

Post by Ocktane » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:31 am

Haha, I'll let you know bud!