Hitting the Salt this weekend... Which way to go?

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Bro-Rando
Petty Officer

Hitting the Salt this weekend... Which way to go?

Post by Bro-Rando » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:54 pm

Hey all, I'm hoping someone can give me some advice here. I keep my boat in Elliott Bay this weekend I'm planning on heading out to go after some kings. I've done most of my fishin in Area 9 over the years, but will now be focusing down this way since I hate to trailer if I don't have to.

Anyway, my question is should I head up north for the hook and release in Area 10 or head south to try and put something on the BBQ from Area 11.

It doesn't really matter to me whether or not I keep anything at this point in the season... I just want to see some takedowns...

Basically I'm looking for the shortest run to the most fish. What are your thoughts? I went down to 3 Tree at the end of blackmouth season and got skunked, but would be willing to try it again. Any better suggestions?

Thanks for your input!

Tight Lines:bigsmurf:
Certainty is for those who have learned and believed only one truth...

G-Man
Admiral

RE:Hitting the Salt this weekend... Which way to go?

Post by G-Man » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:31 pm

I'd run up to Jeff Head to see if there is any bait there, if not keep going up to Kingston. I haven't had much luck at Three Tree this past year myself. You may try getting after some late Springers destined for the White river in Area 11, just stay out of the closed section of Commencement Bay.

jbball50
Commander

RE:Hitting the Salt this weekend... Which way to go?

Post by jbball50 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:01 pm

I've heard they've been doing decent so far for fish down in Area 11 for the morning bite.