PAY ATTENTION! LIVES ARE AT RISK!

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Mordalphus
Lieutenant

Re: PAY ATTENTION! LIVES ARE AT RISK!

Post by Mordalphus » Wed May 29, 2013 8:17 am

I nearly get run over every time I'm out in my pontoon. I can understand someone rowing not paying attention to where they are going, since they're facing backward, but seems like everyone in boats with motors are looking strait behind them and nowhere else.

Good thing I've got my dorky whistle.

tbeaty516
Petty Officer

Post by tbeaty516 » Wed May 29, 2013 11:31 am

yeah I've since picked up a fog horn. I dont know how people dont look where they are going.. I have a total of 200 dollars into my boat and even then I still care about it too much to ram it into anything!

bass assassin D.T.G
Angler

Post by bass assassin D.T.G » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:02 pm

I hear you get a nice little kids whistle if you get stopped by local marine unit and checked for all safety equipment... Stupid noise maker.... well atleast it clicks to my pdf... PS....Wife doesnt equal noise maker... [confused] Go figure.

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:54 am

when people are diving or water skiing you are supposed to have a flag. When I'm on the puget sound sometimes Kayakers are hard to see because they are smaller than the waves at times. maybe you guys could consider fixing a flag to your 'toons, kayaks, etc that stick up higher than your head by a couple feet. seems tedious, but from a safety standpoint it would give you some height.

on the flip side, I have had jerks wake me out 25-30ft from my boat under the bridge while i'm drift fishing in boats smaller than mine. so some folks are just rude.