Hiding your lure expenses...

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
G-Man
Admiral

RE:Hiding your lure expenses...

Post by G-Man » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:55 pm

We have a two income household and have separate accounts as well as a joint account. So as long as it doesn't interfere with what goes into the joint account it's all good. That being said, my wife has her hobbies as well so if she doesn't think I'm spending about what she does, she feels guilty. Believe it or not, my wife is the one who talked me into buying my new boat!

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:04 pm

I find that hiding them causes much more problems than just getting them with her around. I thinkin I have added much more to my tackle with her knowing about it and it always make the days a little more stress free than trying to hide everything.
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

RB
Warrant Officer

Post by RB » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:25 pm

Tell her you spent it at the strip club supporting a young girls college dreams.

I just order online. Cheaper prices and no paper trail unless she is scowering thru bank statements.

VHMLLC
Commander

Post by VHMLLC » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:07 pm

wow thats alot of cr-p to go through for fishing gear. i buy what i want, she buys what she wants. i guess i have it really good.

:viking:
Stan.
Enjoy Your Days & Love Your Life' Because Life is a journey to be savored !!!! GO FISHING

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of poop
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

BassFanatic
Commander

Post by BassFanatic » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:14 pm

I'm definitely all over that one thanks for the heads up.
CPR-BOYZ
CHECK US OUT ON YOUTUBE!!!

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:31 pm

G-Man wrote:We have a two income household and have separate accounts as well as a joint account. So as long as it doesn't interfere with what goes into the joint account it's all good. That being said, my wife has her hobbies as well so if she doesn't think I'm spending about what she does, she feels guilty. Believe it or not, my wife is the one who talked me into buying my new boat!
Same here, 2 accounts and setting up a 3rd for electronic bill paying and monthly bills. My girl and I were at the bike shop and she convinced me to get the bike I currently ride. She got one too a few months later.... It it doesnt get to ecpensive we just get what we want for hobbies, lunch or whatever.

AaronE
Commander

Post by AaronE » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:23 pm

I've got the perfect excuse for spending money on fishing gear - it's rehab for my knee :cheers:

After the knee replacement last summer, my doctor suggested swimming 3 to 4 times a week to build strength and keep the new joint flexible. I showed him video of a float tube in action and he said (and I quote) "That's probably more effective than swimming since you can do it for hours at a time."

You hear that, honey? HOURS at a time. It's therapy. The surgeon SAID SO!!

I've lost 40 pounds since the surgery so my wife says I can fish every chance I get, as long as I hit the book store on the way home sometime and surprise her with a new book. I can handle that.
Puget Sound Float Tube Club
http://www.psftc.com
=====================
2010 Bass: 2
2009 Bass: 80
Year's Best: 2# 3oz
WA Best: 6# 4oz
PB: 12# 7oz (GA)

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:34 am

I have found another thing ... though since I really started fishing this summer and using the float tube losing 10 pounds in the process I have another aspect that it has really helped. I am also a diabetic but when I am in my tube and fishing my blood sugars rest at an even level while the relaxation of tubing and fishing set in.
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:29 am

I cant even tell you guys how many times i have tossed the "joes" or "BPS" out and load up my pockets before entering the house ..lol .. It goes like this , Hey honey how was your day ,ooo mine was fine , oooo give me a sec sweety i gotta go potty BRB .. And from that point im headed straight to the tackle bag and unloading the goods , looking over both my sholders the whole time and feeling like in the middle of a drug transaction or something illegal ... So moments later i go back in the room and sit and chat with her for a moment and thinking about my toys the whole time (SICK)..I know , I know , i have a problem but im okay with it ...

Btw the way i picked up this slick way of importing the goods is from guess "the wify" ..oooo yeah dont think that she doesn't slip in a shoes , clothes , jewelry, etc ..and we get ready to go place and i notice something new i ask the question , where did that come from , her reply iv had this for months ..... So with that being said i guess i learned from the best .. We have been married for 8 years now and with no kids so yes we do still behave like we are teenagers but i works for us .. #-o

Moment of clarity .ahhhhhhhhh that felt so good !!

If need be i will delete this reply if there a chance it may compromise my operation ...:rambo:

BBD

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:04 pm

G-Man wrote:We have a two income household and have separate accounts as well as a joint account. So as long as it doesn't interfere with what goes into the joint account it's all good. That being said, my wife has her hobbies as well so if she doesn't think I'm spending about what she does, she feels guilty. Believe it or not, my wife is the one who talked me into buying my new boat!
Same here,..I have a totally seperate Credit Union account just for my Bassin/Boating pleasures,..granted it's depleted as we speak,..LOL,..but there none-the-less,..she also prompted me into purchasing my 1st boat,..but is starting 2 look at me sideways when I show her online and through catalogs the Bass Boat I NEED,..and I do emphasize NEED,..LOL,..she knows I'll be spending some serious cash by next year for my NEEDS,..LOL,..I like the spare change thing though,..it's funny cause I hit the lake with BF just the other day and the night before I took some of my spare change in my 1800 Tequila bottle as I headed out the door and cashed it in so I could gas up,..didn't want 2 use my debit card,..$42.00 without even blinking,..pretty cool cause I didn't even dent the bottle!

BB
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

BassFanatic
Commander

Post by BassFanatic » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:43 pm

BassinBomber wrote:
Same here,..I have a totally seperate Credit Union account just for my Bassin/Boating pleasures,..granted it's depleted as we speak,..LOL,..but there none-the-less,..she also prompted me into purchasing my 1st boat,..but is starting 2 look at me sideways when I show her online and through catalogs the Bass Boat I NEED,..and I do emphasize NEED,..LOL,..she knows I'll be spending some serious cash by next year for my NEEDS,..LOL,..I like the spare change thing though,..it's funny cause I hit the lake with BF just the other day and the night before I took some of my spare change in my 1800 Tequila bottle as I headed out the door and cashed it in so I could gas up,..didn't want 2 use my debit card,..$42.00 without even blinking,..pretty cool cause I didn't even dent the bottle!

Yeah that was hilarious. Just like my new swimbait told the girl that you got it for me just made things go over a little easier....LOL and by they way wassup with this "BASSINBOMBER" thing you got going on? thanks for tellin me and I thought we were partners...........LOL

BB
CPR-BOYZ
CHECK US OUT ON YOUTUBE!!!

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:19 am

bassfanatic wrote:
BassinBomber wrote:

Yeah that was hilarious. Just like my new swimbait told the girl that you got it for me just made things go over a little easier....LOL and by they way wassup with this "BASSINBOMBER" thing you got going on? thanks for tellin me and I thought we were partners...........LOL

BB
Sorry BF,..had 2 be done!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"