Tournament reminder

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
cavdad45
Commodore

RE:Tournament reminder

Post by cavdad45 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:39 pm

Well? How did the tournament go? Any of our guys on top? Did Dez get his boat deal? It's awful quiet around here.

danielt
Commander

Post by danielt » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:35 pm

Heres a quick report.

Fishing was hard but not for the winners (Puyallup Hawg Hunters) With around 14lbs. They used footballs, carolina rigs and swimbaits. Second and thrid were also from puyallup. The standings will be posted sometime this week so Ill let you know more later.

I did catch a 3.4b smallie today for the club tourny but that doesnt help pay the bills!!!!!!!!!

skeeter bassin
Lieutenant

Post by skeeter bassin » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:42 am

Fishnislife were you at the tournament? I was looking around for you but didn't see you. Was really hoping to get a chance to meet you!!
When you think you know it all, its time to quit. Knowledge should be gained on every trip.

danielt
Commander

Post by danielt » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:13 am

Click results in the middle of the main page... www.puyalluphawghunters.com

CONGRATS Mike with a 3rd place win being in the money!

skeeter bassin
Lieutenant

Post by skeeter bassin » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:57 am

Thanks Daniel. I don't know the rest of the guys real names, are you able to post on here who did what?
When you think you know it all, its time to quit. Knowledge should be gained on every trip.

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:01 am

skeeter bassin wrote:Thanks Daniel. I don't know the rest of the guys real names, are you able to post on here who did what?
Yeah, who is Veremiah anyway?:-k
"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"

sommysom
Petty Officer

Post by sommysom » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:18 am

Well me and Y2Says came in 14th place out of 37 boats. Says boated the only two smallies for us. Total weight 4.25lb. We headed up north to 520 and got hammered by the waves causing a warning sound that we couldn't figure out. Got to our spot and Says nails a 2.5 smallie within 10 minutes of being there. Thought it was going to be a good day. Decided to head to our next spot and that sound that was warning us earlier....well it wouldn't let us plane out the boat. So we had boat problems the whole day. We probably only got about a total of 4-5 hours of fishing and the rest was putting around at 6mph just to get to the next spot #-o I think we could have been in the top five if we didn't have the engine problem.

It was nice to meet some of the WL.com guys.

danielt
Commander

Post by danielt » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:59 pm

working on a post
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:20 pm

Nice fish fellas.
aka Powerworm

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:11 pm

Ya, it was a very tough day. If this was a perch tourney Kenster would have won biggest fish. We just couldn't find a bite. We stuck to the south end to try and get more fishing time in but it didn't pay off. Oh well, a bad day on the water is still better that a good day at work.

Congrats to the winners. It was great to meet a lot of bassheads and put faces to names. Everyone was real cool and I had a good time.

Nice job on the Sunday smallie danielt.

skeeter bassin - I saw you at the tourney but you were talking with a couple guys and I didn't want to bug you. Dez pointed you out. Congrats on the good finish.

dilbert - supposedly that is me. #-o Kind of glad my name is spelt wrong, now I don't have to admit to the big goose egg for bass.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:38 pm

What happened to the screenshot of the standings? They were here a second ago....and I can't find them on that site.

danielt
Commander

Post by danielt » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:31 pm

iPodrodder wrote:What happened to the screenshot of the standings? They were here a second ago....and I can't find them on that site.
The print was to small so I took it off...just go to the website and click on the 2007 Mickelsen Team Bass Tournament picture (on the main page)

skeeter bassin
Lieutenant

Post by skeeter bassin » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:51 pm

Thanks fishnislife!! Don't ever think you would be bothering me. We also fished the South end, caught our 4 fish there. Stats are incorrect, we had 4 fish and not 5. Took us about an hour to get our first bite. Got our last 2 fish between 9:00 and 9:20. Our last 2 fish were a 3 1/2 and then a 4.37 kicker. The last 6+ hours we ran all over the lake and only had more bite and missed it. Had about 10 spots mapped out to fish and ended up getting all of our fish on our first spot. Just glad nobody was on it when we got there, we were the 4th to last boat out on blast off.

Glad everybody made it back safely, and hope everyone had a great time on the water. Weather made it a real battle to control the boat and keep the presentation right to get the bites.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

travislikesfishing
Lieutenant

Post by travislikesfishing » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:58 pm

wow
KEEP UR LINE TIGHT SO U CAN FEEL THE BITE!!!!!