"Carpet-VS-Rhino Lining/Non-Skid"

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
Gringo Pescador

RE:"Carpet-VS-Rhino Lining/Non-Skid"

Post by Gringo Pescador » Mon May 04, 2009 8:11 am

If you decide to go with either of the more popular commercial bedliners something to keep in mind. This is what I was told when figuring out what I wanted on my truck.

Rhino Liner is sprayed on cool, so sides might get 1/8" where the bottom gets 1/4"depending on how fast it dries.
Line-X is sprayed on hot - and leaves an even layer on the sides and the bottom.

Of course that was 10 years ago, they might have changed by then. For the record, I had Line-X in my truck - hauled everything from concrete chunks to steel I-beams to gravel, sold it a couple months ago and it was still good as new - a little bit faded, but that was it.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

AdsBot [Google]
Commodore

Post by AdsBot [Google] » Mon May 04, 2009 5:15 pm

What about the extra weight added using this type of coating? Keep it light, simple and cheap. I think I would go with a good quality marine paint with sand added to assure a non-slip surface. That’s my penny’s worth. Good luck
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 04, 2009 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Mon May 04, 2009 5:35 pm

Stampie is spot-on.

E

clam man
Warrant Officer

Post by clam man » Tue May 05, 2009 7:04 pm

Carpet just lost some points in my book!

I got rained on out on the lake Sunday and my boat REEKS today...smells like it might be getting musty. If it would stop raining here I could take it out of the garage and air it out.
Clam Man

"____________"

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Tue May 05, 2009 7:31 pm

Ive still got bits of shad stuck in the carpet on the gunwales of the s**t boat (see picture below) from crabbing in november that refuse to come out...

Carpet is not my friend

E