Rod suggestions?

Talk about the gear that makes your fishing day.
snags
Angler

Re: Rod suggestions?

Post by snags » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:20 pm

the best bang for your buck in my opinion, are the fenwick GT's. They are like $100 rods that are permanently on a 50% off sale. I have 3 of them that I use for walleye fishing and I love them. Light, sensitive, well balanced. Oh, and if anyone from Fenwick is on here, I am currently out of work and looking for a job!!!!

FishingFool
Captain

Re: Rod suggestions?

Post by FishingFool » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:46 am

Bodofish wrote:With fishing rods you really get what you pay for an I'll leave it at that. OK so no I won't, with out dropping any names I'll just say if you've never used a nice rod you probably won't miss it and you'll never know the difference. Sorry about that for all the bargain basement crowd, just the way it is. I'd never buy a car without all the options either. I've never said I wish I'd bought the cheaper one. Life is short enjoy your toys. [thumbup] [thumbup]
I agree with Bodo. Once you start getting into the higher quality gear, it's very HARD to go back. I started off with a regular Ugly Stik. Then I went to a Ugly Stik Lite. Then decided to take the plunge and got a GLoomis GL3. 7', 2-piece medium.

After several years, I started using the GL3 for bass instead and decide to get a medium light setup for trout . Picked out the St. Croix Premier 7' 2-piece ML rod. The GL3 is superior to the Premier, but then again, it's twice the price. I like the Premier, but I don't love it.