What a DAY!

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
Racer
Warrant Officer

Re: What a DAY!

Post by Racer » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:25 am

I have to agree with Bodo on the AAA. Mine runs about 120.00 a year but has paid for itself anumber of times. Needed towed three times one year over 50 miles each time and didn't cost me anything extra.

renpeg
Petty Officer

Post by renpeg » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:22 am

Yeah its an in the tank pump. But im going to do it the easy way. everything's already out of my jimmy, so all I have to do is push the carpet back and cut an access hole. to pull out the pump. replace then re enforce around the hole, put hinges and a seal on the panel. It will probably take a lil extra time to do it this way but this way if I even need a new one way easier than dropping the tank.

Oh and nate they have auto shutoff to disconnect the battery so you dont drain it past the no start situation. They are around $100. worth every penny especially when your way out places. Also if you need a new battery Interstate in everett go in and ask for a blem. $45 bucks and just as good as a new interstate with a 1 year warranty

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:09 pm

I'll have to look into that. I normally bring a generator and jump box when I'm camping, and won't forget it again after this. But that won't solve engine problems or stranded wilderness situations. That's what the coverage is for.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:07 am

I carry emergency equipment in my truck and my Accord. I carry flares,portable air and battery charger,wool blanket,fire starters,some canned foods,and first aid kits. Some folks call me paranoid but Ive broke down in some off the wall areas.I have my health issues and try to expect the unexpected. Better be safe then sorry. Its not a large investment for these emergency items.