CHUM SALMON FISHING

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: CHUM SALMON FISHING

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:54 am

Are you kidding me? I totally forgot about this article Bob Johansen sent us two years ago:

http://www.washingtonlakes.com/ReadArticle.aspx?id=315

Found it using the previous google search link. I didn't even think to suggest using our search feature. This has gotten way beyond my ability to remember what's in it! :-"

Love the map, BTW. When Aaron has the river editor done I think we'll have to add it.

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:28 am

i think the fishing might be better if Ranier is used instead of PBR, but down in the green river valley PBR is the beer of choice.

oneshot art gallery :)

kingfisher101
Warrant Officer

Post by kingfisher101 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:17 pm

Ok thanks everybody havnt been on the site in like a million years lol.But yea caught alot of more fish kept alot of chrome coho gonna go try metzler on thursday or friday what is best to use corky and yarn what are the bestr colors.And are the fish still eatable over there...Ive been there once.Thanks for all the info

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:20 pm

I just noticed after 4 beers he hooks em in the tail. That must be why the tail em so often on the skok. Ha.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:15 am

flinginpooh wrote:I just noticed after 4 beers he hooks em in the tail. That must be why the tail em so often on the skok. Ha.
Oh no Pooh! You did it... you found a way to turn this thread around and into a snagging debate. :cheers:
(sarcasm highly intented, folks!)

MrJohn
Petty Officer

Post by MrJohn » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:57 pm

metzler.jpg
metzler.jpg (79.51 KiB) Viewed 1277 times
The problem with googling the address, 18737 Green Valley Rd SE,, is that it is wrong.
You need to follow the road slightly left, past a driveway, then slightly right.
There's a few houses on right in some trees and then the road to the Metzler parking lot. It angles back pretty sharp.
When you get to the trees and houses, ahead of them is open fields again.
I put a tack where the road actually is.
The address location seems to be just open farm fields.