WTB canoe - but I bought a pontoon boat instead

Have extra equipment just lying around? Need a larger boat or want to sell your current one? Post an ad in our Classifieds forum for swift results. Please, private parties only, no businesses (business please e-mail WL.com for advertising options.
zerobpm
Angler

WTB canoe - but I bought a pontoon boat instead

Post by zerobpm » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:05 pm

thanks everyone for their replies. wife decided she didn't like the idea of a canoe on saw horses in the back yard (why not?). she convinced me to pick a little pontoon boat. we'll see how it goes!

Tight lines.

"Hi! I'm looking to buy an Old Town Guide 147 or something similar. Nothing too large as I want to be able to load / unload it myself, but something sufficient to take the wife out for a paddle once in a while. Not interested in any of the Colemans, or an aluminum. I'm looking for an inexpensive (but not ratty) boat at first, as I want to see if the hunch I have that I'll really like canoeing is true before I invest in something expensive. I've got around $300 to spend (more if it comes with paddles, life jackets, etc.)

Thanks,
Seattle Bass Newbie"
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gringo Pescador

RE:WTB canoe - but I bought a pontoon boat instead

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:03 pm

Zerobpm -

My setup is still for sale - I was just waiting for spring to re-post...

http://www.washingtonlakes.com/forum/ya ... s-out.aspx

and yes - I have a couple life jackets (depending on size).
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

zerobpm
Angler

Post by zerobpm » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:09 pm

ah yes! I remember seeing that when it was first posted and being super impressed! it's great, but a little above my budget. I'm really looking for something more along the lines of a traditional, simple canoe. The hard core fishing machine will come once my master plan of turning my 18 month old into a fishing fanatic comes to pass.

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:05 am

Why not Coleman's?
There area couple of canoe's on craigslist right now that fit your budget. One is a Coleman.

zerobpm
Angler

Post by zerobpm » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:17 am

ya know, that's a good question! Really I guess it's just that I've enjoyed my buddies Old Town, and like the look of those, Mad Rivers, and the like. I'll probably wind up with a coleman off CL. it's a good place to start.

aaron42ash
Lieutenant

Post by aaron42ash » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:55 pm

Hey I have a 16 foot coleman that I'm interested in selling. My grandpa is making me a hand built canoe in the spring as a graduation present. Send me an email if you're interested. Thanks,
-Aaron