Guitar Project Completed

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Guitar Project Completed

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:07 am

[/quote]

Some use cooking or lovin for bait, my wife used a new guitar :-"

[/quote]

That is an awesome quote. Sounds like you landed a good one, with her.:salut:
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

salmonslayer117
Commander

Post by salmonslayer117 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:57 pm

Coastfishin wrote:Image

Here are a few of ours:
From Left to right:
Epiphone SG Special (wifes)
Epiphone Les Paul Special
Wasburn X-series (wifes)
Gibson Les Paul
Nice collection Coastfishin! I've always been partial to the SG's. They give you a sweet sound and some super deep crunch! I like that washburn too. Nice color. And the Les paul, need I say more!
When times get tough, just keep on fishin'!!!

saltyseadog
Commander

Post by saltyseadog » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:06 pm

big diff. between epiphone and gibson as far as playing and sound:-"
fish on!

bcalvert
Lieutenant

Post by bcalvert » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:36 pm

Mike Carey wrote:OK, that is a sweet collection. I'm a tele fan as well. I've got a Mex tele. I might do a pickup up-grade on it, get tex-mex pickups and have it cross-wired to be able to activate both pickups. Is your's stock?

I'm a great fan of Roy Buchanan, who you may know of as getting an amazing tele tone out of his guitar. I actually saw Roy B at a small venue in Ballard. My friend and I sat smack dab in front of him on the dance floor while all the other fans sat in tables. I'd look up at him, he'd look down at me with a big old smile on his face and he just squeezed those notes and made them cry. Definately a concert highlight of a lifetime. I couldn't believe no one else moved up to the stage, it was kinda wierd.
The tele is stock except for the pearloid pick guard. Changed the guard the day I bought it. I am unaware of Roy Buchanan at least by name, i will have to check him out. I have been intrigued with Lindy Fralin Tele pickups great for that nashville twang or classic rock feel. I have actually been thing about putting the tele up for sale.
Washington State Pond Jumperz
Washington's First Electric Only Bass Club
Hosting five open entry electric motor bass tournaments in 2012.

For the rich, there is therapy. For the rest of us, there is FISHING!

bcalvert
Lieutenant

Post by bcalvert » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:38 pm

The Quadfather wrote:
Some use cooking or lovin for bait, my wife used a new guitar :-"

[/quote]

That is an awesome quote. Sounds like you landed a good one, with her.:salut: [/quote]

She is a good one that is for sure. Although when i tried the ole 'I need a bass boat if you want to keep me' line, that didn't go over very well ... Joking of course, not a fan of sleeping on the couch.
Washington State Pond Jumperz
Washington's First Electric Only Bass Club
Hosting five open entry electric motor bass tournaments in 2012.

For the rich, there is therapy. For the rest of us, there is FISHING!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:41 pm

bcalvert wrote:
Mike Carey wrote:OK, that is a sweet collection. I'm a tele fan as well. I've got a Mex tele. I might do a pickup up-grade on it, get tex-mex pickups and have it cross-wired to be able to activate both pickups. Is your's stock?

I'm a great fan of Roy Buchanan, who you may know of as getting an amazing tele tone out of his guitar. I actually saw Roy B at a small venue in Ballard. My friend and I sat smack dab in front of him on the dance floor while all the other fans sat in tables. I'd look up at him, he'd look down at me with a big old smile on his face and he just squeezed those notes and made them cry. Definately a concert highlight of a lifetime. I couldn't believe no one else moved up to the stage, it was kinda wierd.
The tele is stock except for the pearloid pick guard. Changed the guard the day I bought it. I am unaware of Roy Buchanan at least by name, i will have to check him out. I have been intrigued with Lindy Fralin Tele pickups great for that nashville twang or classic rock feel. I have actually been thing about putting the tele up for sale.
Well, here is a link to a Roy Buchanan Bio and discography.

One of the great all time telecaster blues players, invited to join the Rolling Stones, etc, etc. You are about to discover a legend. :dj:

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

salmonslayer117
Commander

Post by salmonslayer117 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:16 pm

saltyseadog wrote:big diff. between epiphone and gibson as far as playing and sound:-"
Yah I was talking about the Gibson. The gibson's good for pretty much any kind of tone you're looking for, but pricewise the epiphone's alot cheaper and the epiphone SG's got a pretty wicked crunch to it. I've had both types of each and I really can't give either a bad review. What kind of axe do you like to play salty?

saltyseadog
Commander

Post by saltyseadog » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:19 am

iv got a american strat, epiphone les paul, and a roadstar. im not disin epiphone cause i have one. i had a sweet ibanez semi hallow body like a Gretch, but i lost it#-o do to it sliding out of the back of my truck (didnt slam my tailgate) going down the road. I dont even want to get talkin about it. it starts to bring a tear to my eye. it was only about 2 weeks old.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
fish on!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:52 am

saltyseadog wrote:iv got a american strat, epiphone les paul, and a roadstar. im not disin epiphone cause i have one. i had a sweet ibanez semi hallow body like a Gretch, but i lost it#-o do to it sliding out of the back of my truck (didnt slam my tailgate) going down the road. I dont even want to get talkin about it. it starts to bring a tear to my eye. it was only about 2 weeks old.
oh, man. there is definately a blues song in that story. That is really depressing just to think about.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

salmonslayer117
Commander

Post by salmonslayer117 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:26 pm

saltyseadog wrote:iv got a american strat, epiphone les paul, and a roadstar. im not disin epiphone cause i have one. i had a sweet ibanez semi hallow body like a Gretch, but i lost it#-o do to it sliding out of the back of my truck (didnt slam my tailgate) going down the road. I dont even want to get talkin about it. it starts to bring a tear to my eye. it was only about 2 weeks old.
Sorry to hear that. That's painful! I had a buddy in high school that had an Ibanez RG he'd only had for a couple weeks. He was getting off the school bus and the strap to his gig bag broke. The axe hit the ground neck first. I was right behind him when I saw it hit and heard the crack of the neck splitting in half. That was painful enough for me. I've been lucky a few times and had some close calls with axes hitting the ground, but nothing ever broke. Epiphone les pauls are nice. Like I was saying pricewise, they're alot more feasable for the beginner/intermediate that wants to get a decent tone. I've had a few of 'em. I like the black into sunburst. What color you got?

saltyseadog
Commander

Post by saltyseadog » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:16 pm

both my strat and les paul are sunburst :compress:
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fish on!

Drumdog
Petty Officer

Post by Drumdog » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:01 pm

Mike Carey wrote:
guitarfisher wrote:Sweet axe Mike! Love those DG EMGs - just like you told me when we met at the Puyallup show (I'm that other Schecter & Squire guy ]

WashingtonGuitarFishing.com, I like it! Maybe we need to do a WL.com band. :-({|=

I like how you think Mike !...the WL.com band....sounds like we've got guitars handled and I'll cover the drums....any bass players...keys...singers out there?
If I had to do it over again.....I would have caught a bigger one!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Drumdog wrote:
Mike Carey wrote:
guitarfisher wrote:Sweet axe Mike! Love those DG EMGs - just like you told me when we met at the Puyallup show (I'm that other Schecter & Squire guy ]

WashingtonGuitarFishing.com, I like it! Maybe we need to do a WL.com band. :-({|=

I like how you think Mike !...the WL.com band....sounds like we've got guitars handled and I'll cover the drums....any bass players...keys...singers out there?
OK, this is a spontaneous thought - live music at the picnic. could be kinda cool. fish or play, fish or play... now that's a hard one to decide!

R0cky23
Warrant Officer

Post by R0cky23 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:24 pm

SWEET GUITARS!!!!!:cheers:
Yo Adrian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
-Rocky Balboa

"Age ain't nothin"
-Rocky Balboa

"My momma said that life was like a box of chocolates, ya never know what ya gonna get".
-Forrest Gump

lonnie197272
Warrant Officer

Post by lonnie197272 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:12 am

This is my latest project. Thought some of the west siders might appreciate it.
Started out as a Schecter Omen 6
New paint OH YA!!!!
And the finished product Satriani pickups, locking tuning keys sweet vol tone pots this is a beast now!!!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:38 am

nice! wish I had your skills.

salmonslayer117
Commander

Post by salmonslayer117 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:18 pm

Very nice lonnie! I love the paint job and you can never go wrong with the satriani pickups. Sweet sound!

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:27 pm

very cool guys. I normally play drums, but have a pawn shop squire as well... I like the idea of fixing it up.

Iamfishing
Petty Officer

Post by Iamfishing » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:23 pm

That is just nice man,good job,i bet it plays beautiful,you should post a video of how it sounds