Deadliest Catch

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
curado
Admiral

RE:Deadliest Catch

Post by curado » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:19 pm

great show
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:35 pm

Will there be a new 2009 season?
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System

Coastfishin
Commander

Post by Coastfishin » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:57 pm

I heard on TV tonight that the new season is starting April 14th.:cheers:

aaron42ash
Lieutenant

Post by aaron42ash » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:46 pm

Have any of you all been lucky enough to work up there? I'm only 23, but I have worked for Trident for 3 years now. I go up there right after school is let out in June to Naknek, AK and work on the Sea Lion, a 96 foot power scow. I have acutally had the pleasure of meeting some of the people from the show. When the Farwest Leader was one of the featured boats, I got to meet the captain and crew. They ran out of fresh water and we were sent to help them out... So not trying to brag about my amazing job in AK, working 30+ hour days, not showering for a week at a time, and so on, but just saw the thread and I can relate I guess...

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:23 pm

Before the lights, shows/film there were Vikings and drugs, booze, fights and domination= was to survive or fall to the way side.

Stinkers oh boy yes , water and crab infections, broken ribs, hands, jaws did I say Drugs:cyclopsan :cyclops: and the Elbow room/dutch harbor my name still stands last I heard.:-$

25 plus hour shifts#-o :-"

When I returned and some did not it took weeks maybe months to adjust the early 70's were the greatest catch trust that and the Bering sea will dominate monsters let alone working men who dared :eye: !

Did I say speed, coke, cigs and booze 24-7 :cyclopsan :cyclops: :clown: lol
I said no to all other then fights, bending and breaking elbows and killing crabs like a madman.](*,) :thumleft: =d>

My eyes were wide open traveling up and I spent 10 days in bed after returning and I don't know about today that show is a very distant process then the early 70's but still the same elements/weathers maybe I hope less drugs.8-[ I am sure less!!:cheers:

Took me weeks to understand not sleeping/cross tops/speed/coke and coffee:thumbdown

I will never forget the oldest Russina Church in Dutch Harbor, seeing Bob Hopes signature in a base camp for the troops, the Elbow room, the waters and the fights.

We would stack 1,000$$$$ to see a cock fight not birds Swedes :viking: :money:
Attachments
111111111ggggggggggggggggggggg.jpg
111111111ggggggggggggggggggggg.jpg (72.79 KiB) Viewed 1994 times

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:47 pm

A few lived it and truth at 22 prime time young would not return to the Bering Sea unless my tub and calls.
Bull riding maybe but loved the oldest Russian church and the hills and lands around her .
We punished some as well one creek had so many fish in it we finally just sat down and watched.:cheers:

Was standing next to a murder when it happen/could have been me in 1975 zero cops a visting mountie on his time and dime then#-o

Was chrushed by a crap trap all in all a Swedebonic time=; :viking: .

Many great pics to try and find just garbage cameras then for (Real Sea Cowboys) here is the Church in Dutch Harbor a landmark that I belive still stands.

Toughest guy I fought for $$$$ I will never forget a 275lb Russian who drank way too much](*,) #-o

Another shameful truth is how the local Aluetian Native Americans ( spelling for sure)#-o were flat out treated in those days in every process.
At times a few I fought for them.:eye:

PS God Bless each soul that was lost during big dreams, bigger passions at Sea.[-o<
Attachments
1q.jpg
1q.jpg (93.75 KiB) Viewed 1976 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:12 pm

Thats right my fellow dorks...We must embrace our Deadliest Catch dorkness...don't be ashamed,
BE PROUD!!! The new season starts April 14th and Captain Sig has put out his own line of seafood.
http://www.fvnorthwestern.com/2009/03/3 ... -products/

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:49 pm

Premiers tonight!!!!!!!:cheers: :cheers:
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Well it is a new show just a recap of season 4:cheers:
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:09 pm

kevinb wrote:The new season starts April 14th and Captain Sig has put out his own line of seafood.
http://www.fvnorthwestern.com/2009/03/3 ... -products/

Im sorry Kev, but before I even clicked the link "Capt Sigs Squid Jerky" came to mind

R0cky23
Warrant Officer

Post by R0cky23 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:42 pm

I LOVE that show!!!!:cheers: lol
Yo Adrian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
-Rocky Balboa

"Age ain't nothin"
-Rocky Balboa

"My momma said that life was like a box of chocolates, ya never know what ya gonna get".
-Forrest Gump

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:13 pm

R0cky23 wrote:I LOVE that show!!!!:cheers: lol
April 14th....the countdown begins now!!!

R0cky23
Warrant Officer

Post by R0cky23 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:55 pm

YAH can't wait!:cheers: lol
Yo Adrian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
-Rocky Balboa

"Age ain't nothin"
-Rocky Balboa

"My momma said that life was like a box of chocolates, ya never know what ya gonna get".
-Forrest Gump

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:46 am

Alright!!!
New season starts tonight....BOOYAH!!!

Morpheous
Petty Officer

Post by Morpheous » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:15 am

I hope they have something new. Gets old if you watch it to much. I dont have a recorder fot the TV and I have a club meeting to attend tonight, so It looks like I will have to catch a rerun or something.

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:54 am

People still watch live TV?
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:43 am

Live TV? Is that anything like those silver disc looking things that held music on them?
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

littlefishingbuddy
Petty Officer

Post by littlefishingbuddy » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:22 pm

Dutch Harbor,

Now that brings back memes. If you have never been out in the bearing Sea during a storm, then you have never lived! Swede is right DRUGS were the way of life and we did them 24/7 I can remember fishing off the shore on an Island casting for the Kelp beds for sea run trout. Crab, Seen and caught enough to last a lifetime. Still my favorite sea food, along with Halibut. Love the weather up there and the Native Indians, The show is somewhat the way it was but I think we were a little more head strong and you had to really work hard to be accepted and not SH T on. It was a great time in my life and will always remember the good with the bad!

Scott
Littlefishingbuddy
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:40 am

by Associated Press

Posted on February 2, 2010 at 6:29 AM

Updated today at 7:04 AM

SEATTLE - The Seattle-based captain of the "Deadliest Catch" fishing vessel Cornelia Marie has been flown to Anchorage after suffering a stroke while the boat was in port at St. Paul Island, Alaska.

The vessel's Web site says Capt. Phil Harris was stricken Friday night.

Harris was flown to Anchorage and underwent surgery over the weekend. His sons Josh and Jake joined him there.

The Web site account says it may be some time before "anything substantial" is known about Harris' condition.

The Discovery Channel reality show depicts the crab fishing industry in the dangerous waters off Alaska.

The Cornelia Marie Web site reports a family friend, Derek Ray, has flown to St. Paul to take over the role of relief skipper for the rest of the opilio crab season.

Big D

Post by Big D » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:58 am

February 2, 2010 6:04 a.m. EST

Anchorage, AK, United States (CNS) - "Deadliest Catch" captain Phil Harris underwent a 12-hour surgery after suffering a stroke on Friday. The master of the F/V Cornelia Marie was reportedly put in a medically induced coma after the operation.

A source told TMZ that doctors put him in a coma to reduce brain swelling after the surgery. Harris was off-loading his boat when he suffered a stroke. He was rushed to an Anchorage hospital.
His sons Jake and Josh, who are also his deckhands, are with their father in the hospital while the F/V Cornelia Marie is back out at sea.
A message on the Discovery Channel's "Deadliest Catch" website reads: "Josh and Jake Harris thank everyone for their heartfelt thought and prayers. The Deadliest Catch community has always been more like family than just fans, and Discovery Channel joins the Harris boys in thanking everyone for their wishes of support."
"Captain Phil is resting comfortably and is in the care of excellent doctors and nurses. We will update everyone on his progress as best as we can."
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.
Fair Winds & Following Seas.
Big D