North American Fishing club...Scam or not???

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:North American Fishing club...Scam or not???

Post by Bodofish » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:15 am

OK now it's 2 and a 1/2 to 9 and a 1/2 for bad experiences with the North American Clubs..........
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Big D

Post by Big D » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:35 am

Window decal is no longer available, Yellow Bear got it.
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.
Fair Winds & Following Seas.
Big D

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:00 pm

I have received one magazine and a boat load of junk mail. Still haven't found out real advantages to having a membership except for paper to start a fire with.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:54 pm

fishnislife wrote:I have received one magazine and a boat load of junk mail. Still haven't found out real advantages to having a membership except for paper to start a fire with.

fishnislife
:thumright

Coastfishin
Commander

Post by Coastfishin » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:43 pm

fishnislife wrote:I have received one magazine and a boat load of junk mail. Still haven't found out real advantages to having a membership except for paper to start a fire with.

fishnislife
That's about all I got from it to!! And the paper is usually waxed and doesn't burn well!

AdsBot [Google]
Commodore

Post by AdsBot [Google] » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:03 pm

YellowBear wrote: I have been a life member of NAFC for 20 years.
The web site has upto date info from all around the country.
I can talk to weekend anglers and pros.
The mag has been up and down at times but is informative.
Through NAFC, I can go to any State and fish with a local.
I can get discounts on food and lodging.
I get some sweet deals from time to time on Tackle.

The real advantage to being with the NAFC is the members.

I have met folks that are like family to me.
We have a member that is fighting the cancer. She is single and doesn't have much money to spend.
She had never been out of Wisconsin. A member in Oregon said if she could get out there he would put her up and guide for Steelhead. Other members got together and sent her to Oregon for a week of fishing and Crabbing.
Another member made her a custom Steelhead rod and another sent out a reel.

Yes there have been folks unhappy about how the club works but most have been after the freebies.
I have had to send them a letter telling them not to send anything I did not order and they have not done it again.
I am proud to be a member of N.A.F.C.
No, I just can't do it....

goodtimesfishing
Captain

Post by goodtimesfishing » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:13 pm

just say no, unless they already have your name then expect to get mailing from them forever!!!

skimpy
Commander

Post by skimpy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:15 pm

Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/thatguyskimpy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fishing collector
Captain

Post by fishing collector » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:50 am

I have been a life member of NAFC for 10 years and never had any problems. I received a nice rod and reel when I first joined along with a jacket. A Case fillet knife for free when I tested it a few years ago along with other things I have tested like a bunch of Owner hooks and 20 ball bearing swivels. Last year I got a nice Shimano Sahara 2500 reel for testing it. The last thing I tested was Berkley Pliers. I have never had any problems with NAFC. The thing is to always send in the Question sheet that was for testing the products they sent. Never junk it...They won't send you any more. I have met people that have received expensive rods, reels, depth finders, down-riggers etc. The Club works as long as you keep up with your obligations. You don't need to be a life member to benefit from the testing. I have never participated in the hunting or wood working clubs...Just fishing. I like it..No Problems... It has lot's of good information and discounts available to members. Good luck , Steve
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fly Fishing is the art of attaching a fake bug to a line and relying on the appropriate manipulation of the rod to deceive the fish into eating a sharp steel hook covered with feathers and fur.

davidwat1
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by davidwat1 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:00 pm

Shad_Eating_Grin wrote:I still have that Kistler rod they sent to me. Unused still in its plastic wrapper, since its a cranking rod and I don't fish for bass too much. Seems like a nice rod. But if I didn't get it for free, I'm not sure if I would have spent $250 MSRP for it.
Wanna trade it for my lamiglas Steelhead Spinning rod posted in classifieds? PM me if interested. thx!
http://www.WatkinsBassfishing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sponsor WashingtonLakes.com

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:10 pm

davidwat1 wrote:
Shad_Eating_Grin wrote:I still have that Kistler rod they sent to me. Unused still in its plastic wrapper, since its a cranking rod and I don't fish for bass too much. Seems like a nice rod. But if I didn't get it for free, I'm not sure if I would have spent $250 MSRP for it.
Wanna trade it for my lamiglas Steelhead Spinning rod posted in classifieds? PM me if interested. thx!
Hmmm... I might take you up on that offer. Lemme get back to you.