Where Can I Buy Corkies In Tacoma?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
nickbell
Commander

Where Can I Buy Corkies In Tacoma?

Post by nickbell » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:41 pm

They dont have them in big 5, fred meyer, target, kmart... where can i get them?

chum77
Petty Officer

RE:Where Can I Buy Corkies In Tacoma?

Post by chum77 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:50 pm

The old sportsmens wearhouse in federal way its not called that anymore but its a diffrent name but i cant think of the name for some strange reason, they are my go to place to get stuff, and there is sport co in fife they have alright stuff but there staff is prolly some of the dumbest people i have ever met but thats hear nore there, but the first place has top rate stuff like rvrfshr pruducts kramer tackle and other specialty products like those and yes they have a good selection of corkies, thats were i like to go by my glo balls for some night time fun ;) anyways i hope i have helped you out a little and good luck i hope you find what you are looking for.

Fish On :Chum77

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:54 pm

Sportco is near you. I wish we had one by me, but I guess I can't complain living near Wholesale Sports, Cabela's and Sunbirds.
"One more......."

chum77
Petty Officer

Post by chum77 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:35 pm

ya Wholesale Sports is the one i was talking about.

donman
Warrant Officer

Post by donman » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:53 pm

Sportco will have everything you need . . . www.sportco.com it's on 20th street in Fife

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:40 am

Wall mart on Meridian.Puyallup.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

salmonslayer117
Commander

Post by salmonslayer117 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:30 pm

I gotta agree with rac. The walmart on 168th and meridian doesn't have the best selection, but they usually always have something in the way of corkies. That's where I go for my last minute stuff.
When times get tough, just keep on fishin'!!!

bionic_one
Captain

Post by bionic_one » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:33 pm

Your local Wal-Mart wil have 'lil corkies at an overpriced rate if you need them.

Sportco sells them for 15 cents each and they are mix/match so you can get exactly what you want. HUGE selection last time I looked.
Lee

salmonslayer117
Commander

Post by salmonslayer117 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:39 pm

bionic_one wrote:Your local Wal-Mart wil have 'lil corkies at an overpriced rate if you need them.

Sportco sells them for 15 cents each and they are mix/match so you can get exactly what you want. HUGE selection last time I looked.
I agree. Walmart overprices them. Sportco is a better bet for your money. Like I said, I only use walmart as a last resort.
When times get tough, just keep on fishin'!!!

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:54 pm

I guess it depends on how many corkies you need at any one time.Last weekend I used 2 corkies,and still have both.If you fishing a snaggy river you'll need more. Im really enjoying the Bush Point fishery cuz there hasnt been even 1 snag.The problem with Walmart is all the other stuff you pick up besides the corkies.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:06 pm

Yeah I was desperate for some corkies and went to walmart sat night since Sportsco didn't open on Sunday till 10am. I bought 4 packages (each package has 12 corkies) of different color corkies for $2.38 a package. Calculated they were about 20 cents per corky. Plus bought some spinners and spoons and you can't leave without buying some kind of food for the trip. I went to Fred Meyer and they were completely out of corkys and ended up buying some 2 oz cannon ball weights (might use it for plunking out on the Pt. Def. Dock).