Reiter Tweekers

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

RE:Reiter Tweekers

Post by racfish » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:47 pm

They (tweekers) go for a lot more in other areas. I've heard of cut fuel lines and missing catalitic converters.I try to fish where I can see my rig or at least real close to keeping an eye on it.I sometimes park in the Reiter mud pit areas where the off roaders and 4x4 ers park .
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

SAPIplate
Warrant Officer

Post by SAPIplate » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:41 pm

bionic_one wrote:If someone somehow manages to have a knife and comes at you, can you legally shoot them in this state?
What do you mean by "in this state" If someone comes at me with a knife, he's getting 2 in the chest, 1 in the head no two ways about it. If my life is on the line, I'm not gonna stop and think about the potential outcomes.
Release Wild Steelhead
Pink Salmon Fan
Salmo trutta

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:35 pm

you know, with todays video camcorders seems like it would be fairly easy to stake out some of these high profile areas, have video shot from the woods, cell phone to helpers up the road from the parking area and contact police. It would be a matter of organizing and being willing to commit the time. The risk would be to the person under cover in the woods, taking the video. Never know what these type of people would do if they saw themselves being filmed.

Curious what our law enforcement members think of the idea?

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:49 pm

Good Idea Mike but, not to be a pessimist they're probably already hiding in the woods watching and as you set up the cameras they'd stroll over and steal them too. They sit and wait in the bushes and hit your car as soon as you're out of sight. The leave your car and watch for them doesn't work because they're already watching you.
Knock on wood, I've never had my rig broken into......... yet....... when I see them hanging out in the parking areas, I keep a couple packs of smokes in the truck and I chum them up a bit and ask them to keep an eye on my truck. I just light one up and them ask them if they want a smoke and give them the pack. It's worked so far.
The main problem with Reiter is there's a meth camp on the other side of the highway down about a street or two. Bunch of old trailers and shacks. Park there and you're in their world.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

CRANDALL
Angler

Post by CRANDALL » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:36 pm

12 years ago same spot summer run fishin same thing.I had someone break out a window on my canopy and take a brand new cooler full of ice pop and beer.Plus some tackle and a spare reel.....To top it off I caught a fish and had nowhere to put it in the August heat.I say let Gringos dog at em then use Wolvereens tactics. Nothin worse than a theif...........

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:06 am

CRANDALL wrote:12 years ago same spot summer run fishin same thing.I had someone break out a window on my canopy and take a brand new cooler full of ice pop and beer.Plus some tackle and a spare reel.....To top it off I caught a fish and had nowhere to put it in the August heat.I say let Gringos dog at em then use Wolvereens tactics. Nothin worse than a theif...........
I say there's nothing worse than vigilantism. People, have we learned nothing from history?!?!?!?!?
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:33 am

Bodofish wrote:
CRANDALL wrote:12 years ago same spot summer run fishin same thing.I had someone break out a window on my canopy and take a brand new cooler full of ice pop and beer.Plus some tackle and a spare reel.....To top it off I caught a fish and had nowhere to put it in the August heat.I say let Gringos dog at em then use Wolvereens tactics. Nothin worse than a theif...........
I say there's nothing worse than vigilantism. People, have we learned nothing from history?!?!?!?!?
Steeling is worse than vigilantism! But sometimes you need to let it go!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:19 am

Sorry to hear that bro. That really sucks. Glad to hear you left nothing of value in the truck.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Easy Limits
Lieutenant

Post by Easy Limits » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:47 pm

Is that a Heeler, Gringo?

Big D

Post by Big D » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:36 pm

You could install an alarm system.

Cleo's tweeker story from an earlier post:
Below is a photo of my dog Cleo. She protected our house one night from a local tweaker trying to earn an easy buck. Me and my kids were away from home at one of my daughter’s soccer games. When we returned home I found a back bedroom window broken with a large rock and a human ear lying on the floor just inside the window. I called the police and they were able to match the ear with the tweaker. He was at a local hospital dog bit, bloodied, beaten and missing his right ear. The doctors were unable to reattach his ear and every time I think about this story it brings a smile to my face. Mike Tyson ain't got squat on my dog Cleo.

Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.
Fair Winds & Following Seas.
Big D

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:07 pm

Easy Limits wrote:Is that a Heeler, Gringo?
yep, big (60#) 10 year old red. Nice pup, smart as they come (took one night to teach him to get me a soda from the fridge). Never had a need to protect me, but I have no doubt he would.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Splitshot
Warrant Officer

Post by Splitshot » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:11 pm

Let me know if Cleo has puppies...

pumpkin
Petty Officer

Post by pumpkin » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:37 pm

That is a totally awesome story way to go Cleo that guy totally deserved that.

Easy Limits
Lieutenant

Post by Easy Limits » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:06 pm

Our red Heeler is two years old and 62 pounds.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:34 pm

We need a smiley for a jaw-drop. That Tweaker was lucky it was just an ear. Nice doggie...OUCH!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Big D

Post by Big D » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:54 am

Splitshot wrote:Let me know if Cleo has puppies...
Nothing would make me happier but Cleo is no longer with me. I had to put her down awhile back due to cancer.
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.
Big D

Splitshot
Warrant Officer

Post by Splitshot » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:47 am

Sorry to hear that BigD, it sounds like she was great dog.

Big D

Post by Big D » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:18 pm

Splitshot wrote:Sorry to hear that BigD, it sounds like she was great dog.
Thanks...She was a great dog and well trained. I got her at six weeks old and decided that if I was going to have a Rottweiler around my children that I would have to train her. I pulled on my experience working with military working dogs while I was in the Navy and set about training her. We spent about two or three hours a day working together for the first year I had her. I raised three children as a single dad and she truly was the perfect dog for us to have around, she was very protective of my kids, home & vehicles and as noted above she did her share of crime fighting...

Cleo at eight weeks...
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big D

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:02 pm

Love Rotts!!!! We've had a number of them in the family over the years. The first one came from Germany and she was trained to hold an intruder when we got her. Sweetest dog on earth. She would hold an intruder on the floor and as long as they didn't try to get away they were fine..........:cheers:

salmonslayer117
Commander

Post by salmonslayer117 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:00 pm

Not too familiar with the area you're speaking of, but I think the problem is pretty much universal around here. I can't say how angry it makes me to even hear about it! I've been a victim in the past too. Sometime soon, they'll ALL GET WHAT'S COMIN' (a good old fashioned american arswhoopin)!!!! But for now, leave nothing of value behind. It really shouldn't be that way, but I'm afraid it is.
When times get tough, just keep on fishin'!!!